account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 7 nougat installed and can't open Google play store

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Android 7 nougat installed and can't open Google play store

It's been few hours since i installed nougat perfectly and after erase cache, terminating the process, restart the phone...etc

I can't open playstore, it shows a blank page and no more

Is an xperia z5 E6653
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Android 7 nougat installed and can't open Google play store

I have a Z5 compact. I'm getting exactly the same. Just a white blank screen. But also I can't refresh Gmail.
Adept
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Ok, so I opened up the play app settings, cleared cache, still the same, cleared data, the same, so I uninstalled update and restarted the phone. Now works even after the phone auto updated play.
One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks - I had the same problem after the Nougat upgrade on my Z5 compact, and I followed the same sequence you described and also finally had success at the final step.

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Experiencing the same issue on my Z5 Compact after Nougat. Unfortunately unistalling the updates on PlayStore didn't fix it for me(I unistalled updates and restarted prior clearing the cache).

Update: PlayStore just got back to normal all by itself.