account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 7.0 32.3.A.0.372 LED Notification Bug

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Android 7.0 32.3.A.0.372 LED Notification Bug

There is bug in nougat, Under settings -> notifications, if turning off "sound and vibrations" for an app, the notification LED light does not report notifications.

Currently there is no way to have sound and vibrate turned off and use LED as notification. To use the LED notification, sound+vibrate+peek must be turned on. This was not an issue in 6.0.1

Same problem is related also to Whatsapp, I have removed audio and vibration notification for groups chat, and set led to light blue, but light blue led never blink, it blink white for single chat but just because there is the audio and vibration notification activated for single chat

5 REPLIES 5
Talent
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Android 7.0 32.3.A.0.372 LED Notification Bug

Wait, you have Nougat on Z5 Compact? It has not been released yet...
First google it, then ask for it... Winking Face
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

half of e5803's takes nougat. you should look dude. @MichalH9

@Cioce did you make clean install (with Xperia Companion) or just take OTA? it could be cache bug too.

Sony Xperia Z5 Smartphone Owner / Software Developer
elementary OS
NuPIC
Talent
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Okay, my mistake, still waiting for it, sorry...
First google it, then ask for it... Winking Face
One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Same here on Xperia Z5 Dual E6633

Seems to be a bug in Android itself 

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/1CVY-gxY2-Q

Highlighted
Regular
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

yes, you are right

in android 6 , there was a option named: " allow peeking", and it was very usefull, in some app like Telegram.

and i set "allow peeking" to OFF mode. because i didnt want, new messege appear like,pop uo, while i am in other app.

but in android 7, they merged this option, in to "sound & vibrate", and because of it,simultaneously we missed the led notification and other alert option.

please seperate "allow peeking" like android 6