account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6.0 small apps launch bar issue?

SOLVED
Adept
Message 61 of 86
Message 61 of 86

Re: Android 6.0 small apps launch bar issue?

Problem fix, with safe mode thx anyway
One time poster
Message 62 of 86
Message 62 of 86

Re: Android 6.0 small apps launch bar issue? [NEW]

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

My Z5 C comes from Taiwan, even though I bought it in USA, on September of 2015.

The issue came when I download de Android 6.0 version, last twesday (March 15th).

I've been cheeking some features that "suppously" came with de Marshmallow version, but some of them doesn't work at all, such as the "Small App Bar" or the "reset" and "remove" bottoms at the top of the phone.

When I tap the square, appear the following icons: gmail envelop, calculator, temp, screen shot (or capture screen). But each time a press any of these app, it jump into de home screen without open any of them.

I already trayed with turning on it in safe mode, but once the phone is in that state do not allow me to open anny mini app.  I can not add any other app in this bar either or erase any at all.  But with help of the safe mode, some app from this bar just dissappear, such as the browser.

So, my question is: exist any form to re-instal Android 6.0 so the bugs get erased? or exist any patch that help us correct these annoying problems?

Hope your answer help me solve these problems.

Thanks

Message 63 of 86
Message 63 of 86

Me having same issue in Xperia Z3+....if all the services in accessbility option are set to "off" than the Small apps bar works fine...if any of the service is set to "on" than the small apps bar fell down....starting in safe mode put those services off so small apps works fine but when they gets on..... the small apps bar falls.....

One time poster
Message 64 of 86
Message 64 of 86

Yup, this fixed my issue.

Inhabitant
Message 65 of 86
Message 65 of 86

It's not a réal fix to désactivate aller check-list under accessibility. Because you can't use your setting as you want and it cause issue with vibrator/ mute and sound toggle. So please fixe this real issue. Thank you.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 66 of 86
Message 66 of 86

We have identified the cause for this and it will be fixed in an upcoming software update.

Until the update is available, you can try to turn off accessibility services under Settings -> Accessibility to access small apps.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Enthusiast
Message 67 of 86
Message 67 of 86

Z5 Marshmallowed and small apps

Surprise with Marshmallow on Xperia Z5 : small apps don't run. Or somebody knows the new technic to use?

Enthusiast
Message 68 of 86
Message 68 of 86

Re: Z5 Marshmallowed and small apps

They work for me on Marshmallow for my Z5. When you click them, what happens? 

12527937_10208783062843676_1731100701_n.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 69 of 86
Message 69 of 86

When I touch a small app icon, I come back to the main screen. So, I own Karspersky internet security, and if I deactive Kaspersky (in Accessibility), my small apps run! When I reactive Kaspersky in Accessibility, I can't open any small app.

But on Lollipop I had also Kaspersky !!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 70 of 86
Message 70 of 86

@GhKerh I merged your topic with this one. Please see Rickard's post above, this will be fixed in an upcoming software update.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.