account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

ANT+ support?

Sage
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: ANT+ support?

I am always been curious about my cardio belt but never installed ANT+ service because I was concerned about energy consumption.

Can it be switched on demand or have to stay always on?

Learner
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

I dont know... I cant get mine to work..

Commissioner
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

I don't have an ANT+ device so I can't test it out, but from my understanding you install those and it should work of they are compatible.  Maybe when they push 6.0 it'll fix the problem, but based on Sony, and even ANT it is supported.  So one of those two have the fix the problem.

Apprentice
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Thanks for redirecting to a Z5 white paper that does not say anything but taht it is Ant+ compatible !

Nothing in parameters too.

After having installed several Ant+ applications and services, i only managed to get a view of my garmin heartbit belt on Ant+ Demo apps. So sound that is working but any other application like Lifelog don't see anything ...

When deploying a functionality, the basic wants that a minimum of information to get it working is provided.

If i make the choice to buy Sony high end, it is to avoid such situation.

Thank you.

Learner
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

I had exactly the same problem with my Garmin HRM and Xperia Z5 Premium. To make it work, this is what I did:

1.I removed the old battery and turn the Heart Rate Monitor upside down for 10 minutes (to reset it)

2.I placed a new battery

3.I downloaded and installed ANT Radio Service from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.service.socket

4.I then downloaded and installed ANT+ Plugins Service from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus

5.I damped the electrodes of my Heart Rate Monitor with saliva, placed it on my chest and waited 5 long minutes...and it worked!!!

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

Add ANT HAL Service App to the Battery Optimisation Whitelist

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Visitor
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

Thanks  NeoBeum I knew it was somnething like that, that killed my ant+ service but couldn't find where to set it.

Visitor
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Well it didn't totally work, I still got an ant shutdown after 30min instead of the usual 20min it.

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

@tomlaboulewrote:

Well it didn't totally work, I still got an ant shutdown after 30min instead of the usual 20min it.

enable developer options, then activate your ANT+ apps, then go to the "Running Services" menu... it's the 5th-ish option in Developers Option page

Screenshot_20180220-111907.png

in here, look for the ANT services, and any other related apps and add those to the whitelist.

(this pic is just an example of looking at which services run for the app)

Screenshot_20180220-112708.pngScreenshot_20180220-112732.png

Google Play Services should be whitelisted too... there's tons of intermingled permissions that google like to mess with just to **bleep** on your parade.

I don't use any fit devices, so I can't tell you what those services run

Screenshot_20180220-112943.png

whitelist anything qualcomm while you're at it

don't forget about NFC

mine sort of looks like this 

Screenshot_20180220-112507.pngScreenshot_20180220-112452.png 

The other possibility is that a botched update wiped the ANT drivers

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

Mine ANT+ devices were not recognized. I installed the ANT tester from the playstore. It says No Service at Built-in Firmware. 

It fixed this by granting the ANT Radio Service permission to use ANT hardware. You can do so in Settings > Apps > Select ANT Radio Service > Permission > Additional Permissions > enable 'use ANT hardware'

Hopefully this will help others to enable ANT+ supoport on your phone.

I use a Z5 compact