account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

Emperor
Message 81 of 175
Message 81 of 175

Re: A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

@sonnny

Just because you close an app, it doesn't mean that they won't work on the background

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 82 of 175
Message 82 of 175

@uliwooly

Yeah,I know.But I don't know how to manage them.Maybe we all can't.Some apps in my country need many many jurisdictions.To be honest,they just like rascal even if I download them from google play.Besides,other apps like ins. and twitter  etc. also work on the background.

Last night,I charged  it to 100%,open stamina,close LTE and lifelog.After 8h,I found it was  still have 98% ,it's better than before.But when I use it,the battery life is very weak(with stamina on).During 2h,maybe light  screen time just 20-30mins,battery life only have 88%.

Waiting for 6.0.Hope it can make me satisified.

Emperor
Message 83 of 175
Message 83 of 175

@sonnny

reinstall the update with PCC and check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 84 of 175
Message 84 of 175

If it's uploading and downloading it should be shown at data usage. Or remove all the third party app and see it the battery life is still same?
Regular
Message 85 of 175
Message 85 of 175

Re: Z5 battery life

Same problem like everyone else. Are active on some norwegian boards and basically everyone have the same problem.
The battery is less then my old z1c and the phone is sometimes sluggy (when getting hot). Its sad, because when it work it really works. I cant understand how a phone like this with a premium price can face issiues like this. This was my third sony mobile and also my last. I cant trust Sony after this and I really are trying to enjoy the phone. Also tried a resett, debugging and basically everything "on the list" without any result. 

Sadly Im stuck with this phone since I have had it for over a month and hopefully a newer update will be able to adress a lot of this problem.

Adviser
Message 86 of 175
Message 86 of 175

Re: Z5 battery life

I know battery life is so bad worse than my old sony z1 !! i bought phone for battery life and yeah now stuck with bad battery

Talent
Message 87 of 175
Message 87 of 175

@uliwooly

I  update  to the new system 3 days ago.It might be sony's problem or android selves.Now,I open the stamina all the battery life and use it nomally.This device could last about  one day!!(mid use)Not two days!Much better(with stamina on) than iphone6.But I'm still not satified.And sometimes this device is not fluency.When I've installed all apps I need,I play antutu on this device,It is about 55000,but  the next day,I run it again,It just have about 45000.It's amazing!!!Both test with the stamina off!!!  I feel confused!

Talent
Message 88 of 175
Message 88 of 175

I can also play the safety model,but I think this reason are caused by lifelog,wifi scan,and google's service.BTW I can't find any apps in my wasting battery list.And the data usage can only find the apps which used LTE,not wifi?During all the night,I still stay in a wifi environment(with the LTE on).

Talent
Message 89 of 175
Message 89 of 175

If I don't want to root it,maybe I have no idea to manage the apps'  jurisdictions!!!It seems that 6.0 can  change it?

Regular
Message 90 of 175
Message 90 of 175

Sony Xperia Z5 - Battery life is poor

I just recieved my new Sony Xperia z5, and must say I miss my old Sony Xperia z3c Slightly frowning Face

The battery life on the Xperia z5 is so bad. I have turned stamia on, turned wifi off, turned location/gps off, turned auto screen brightness off, noticifaction sync is on every 1 hours.

When it is 100% charged the phone says that with stamia i have 21 hours battry use, and with out 7 hours. It can't even hold a total day on a charge.

SONY! what have you done!!!! Use to be happy about having a Xperia because it rocks on the battery, but now you are loosing to Apple iphone!

Been reading alot on the internet now, and I can see that every Xperia z5 owners is having battery issues. So a replacement would not even fix the problem.

Rating 2/6 stars!