account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

Adviser
Message 70 of 175
Message 70 of 175

Re: Z5 Compact: Poor battery life !

I returned my Z5 today after 3 seperate devices from 2 different stores all had problems with battery drain. I'm back with my Z3C now, where i can easily cram 2 days worth of use out the battery.

Sorry Sony.. I doubt my next phone will the Z6.

Emperor
Message 72 of 175
Message 72 of 175

Re: A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

You can see that your phone is active, perhaps an app keeps uploading downloading stuff

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 73 of 175
Message 73 of 175

Re: Z5 battery life

I am having the same problems. 

After a full charge and on stamina mode, it says the battery will die in 11hours...

Had it yesterday and just used it for Gmail and WhatsApp and the battery died on my way home from work at 1730!! It's ridiculous! 

Sony, sort it out please! 

Talent
Message 74 of 175
Message 74 of 175

But I've shut all the apps  yesterday.There no reason for z5 compact still have apps up/download.(except the android systems')

Talent
Message 75 of 175
Message 75 of 175

My friend have a Z2(with 4.4) which battery life is better than mine!!He has used it for one year!And his Z2  nearly not self-awake(auto-awake)!!

Adviser
Message 76 of 175
Message 76 of 175

I returned the phone yesterday, withing Sony's 14 day. Dead On Arrival rules.. no fuss. I even got my carrier subscription canceled.

TH2
Regular
Message 77 of 175
Message 77 of 175

What phone are you getting next then?
Adviser
Message 78 of 175
Message 78 of 175

@TH2 wrote:
What phone are you getting next then?

I'll wait for 2016 and see what options I have... Honesly.. No phone with the current SD 810 will perform any where near to what im used to with my Z3c.

In the meantime i've given my Z3C a new battery and boy does that thing fly! Especially on Marshmallow.. although its too buggy for daily drive.

Enthusiast
Message 79 of 175
Message 79 of 175

I agree with your assessment Phil2. The reality is that the SD810 is simply a poor SOC. The fact that the next gen mid range chip (SD620) is effectively an upgraded SD810 (A72 big cores) suggests that Qualcomm have something quite special in store with the SD820. The custom Qualcomm cores of the past have been fairly efficient without resorting to the core-count arms race that seems to be going on elsewhere. Mediatech are up to 12 now!??!?!?

I'm currently waiting on my 4th Z5c to turn up and I've decided this will most likely be final chance for Sony on this one. If this last device isn't without faults I'll be back to my old device and see what 2016 brings. I may even find a used Z3c and switch to that. (currently a Galaxy alpha owner and the battery on that is abysmal...no really....its apalling)

Enthusiast
Message 80 of 175
Message 80 of 175

There is some randomness with the battery performance with this phone, over the weekend I got 5hours of SOT with fairly heavy use. Between Sunday and Monday, the phone lasted me 36 hours, 3hrs SOT, a bit of 4K Video, and 70+ high res photos.  More heavy use. 

Today, with only an hour of SOT,  My battery is already below 50%:

2015-10-27.png

Screenshot (Oct 27, 2015 1-28-10 PM).png