account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

Adviser
Message 50 of 175
Message 50 of 175

Re: Z5 battery life

Getting constant wakelocks today... Current SoT is 50mins!!!
http://imgur.com/LpFttiT

WiFi won't turn off even in sleep, despite being set to 'only when plugged in' and WiFi scanning off.

http://imgur.com/rx99aH5

App usage of battery is 30% of this Android system and Kernel have used 10% and 6% respectively. 

Apprentice
Message 51 of 175
Message 51 of 175

Got my Z5 last week and the battery life is awful, I have to constantly run the phone in Stamina mode as in regular mode I'd be lucky to see 8 hours. In stamina mode with light to moderate usage I'll get about 15-16 hours (7am to 11pm), I can get better out of my 2.5 year old HTC One M7 (I bought this phone for that reason; a better battery life!).

Last night I charged the phone to 100% and turned off stamina mode at 10pm; this morning at 8pm it was down to 46%, I was asleep the whole time so there really shouldn't have been anything draining the battery to that degree.

At this stage I'm considering returning the device as it's really not acceptable.

xperia z5.png

Visitor
Message 52 of 175
Message 52 of 175

Re: Z5 Compact: Poor battery life !

I have the same issues with the regular z5. My last phone was the z2. The battery of that device made it easily for 2 days. This device however.. I'm lucky if it makes it to the evening. Contacted Sony, they give you the stamina mode story. I've never had to use this mode with the z2. Why do I want to use the stamina mode? I bought this phone so I could enjoy all it's features. Not to run on stamina mode. Acknowledge this battery issue Sony!
Learner
Message 53 of 175
Message 53 of 175

A friend of mine is having issues with battery life on his Z5 too. One thing I noticed is that his "awake" time on the battery stats is showing as constantly on, even when the phone isn't being used/screen is turned off. Could this be why the battery is going down so fast? If so, does anyone have any idea what could be causing the phone to constantly be awake? The phone is only a day old.

You can see what I mean here :
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/Andy93x/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-10-22-14-50-06_zp...

The estimated time left is completely off. 2 days remaining? 3 hours after that screenshot was taken and it's already on 10% with moderate use. I recommended this phone to him after my great experience with the Z3 which had amazing battery life and I'd expect the same with the Z5 if not better! Especially after Sony promise 2 days of use.
Learner
Message 54 of 175
Message 54 of 175

Contacted Sony by phone and they advised doing a factory reset. It now seems to be showing the correct battery time remaining which is around 2 days when on 100%. Before factory reset it was showing double this amount. More importantly it no longer drains as quickly and is no longer constantly showing as "awake".
Apprentice
Message 55 of 175
Message 55 of 175

Are the forums even monitored by Sony employees or is it just a venting spot? I've dropped nearly £500 quid on a lemon, the least I could expect is some answers surely?

Message 56 of 175
Message 56 of 175

For me, Google Play-Service is at 21% and Android OS is at 16%.

Screen is only at 14% after 2h 30m.

What the heck are the Google Play-Services doing and how can I get rid of the battery consumption? The only Google Service I use is the Play Store, everything else is not even set up.

Adviser
Message 57 of 175
Message 57 of 175

@fonytinlay wrote:

Got my Z5 last week and the battery life is awful, I have to constantly run the phone in Stamina mode as in regular mode I'd be lucky to see 8 hours. In stamina mode with light to moderate usage I'll get about 15-16 hours (7am to 11pm), I can get better out of my 2.5 year old HTC One M7 (I bought this phone for that reason; a better battery life!).

Last night I charged the phone to 100% and turned off stamina mode at 10pm; this morning at 8pm it was down to 46%, I was asleep the whole time so there really shouldn't have been anything draining the battery to that degree.

At this stage I'm considering returning the device as it's really not acceptable.

xperia z5.png

You do realise you had very bad reception for pretty much the entire night. Bad reception easily kills batteries! 

Apprentice
Message 58 of 175
Message 58 of 175

It's the same at work, where I have 4/5 bars all day. Look at those awake and wifi times, the phone has literally being lying on my desk untouched. SOT is 2 hours and background data is queued.

I could understand if I was using the thing constantly but I'm not and to add insult I have to run the phone constantly in stamina mode to get any kind of reasonable battery life from it.

xperia stamina mode.jpeg

Enthusiast
Message 59 of 175
Message 59 of 175

The battery life situation here has taken me back to the dark ages of 2008 and 2010 where my devices would die whether or not they were being used. Carrying around 3-4 batteries isn't feasible here obviously...

It is 3.25pm and after exactly 2 hours of SOT, I'm at 40% battery.  My z1, z2, and z3 would normally be at 40% at 11pm or later. After a week of ownership I'm very dissapointed as my usage habits have not changed in a week yet the battery has performed consistently bad all week. I'd be happy with 1 day of battery life at this point.

Screenshot (Oct 23, 2015 3-25-39 PM).png