account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

Learner
Message 10 of 175
Message 10 of 175

Re: Z5 Compact: Poor battery life !

Same problem for me.
I charged the phone to 100% and immediately turned STAMINA-mode on. After 15 hours of moderate use (some calls, messages, instagram, facebook) the battery was att 5%. Surely with STAMINA-mode on I should expect atleast 24h, but there is no way that my phone could reach 48 hour battery life with moderate use.

PJM
Regular
Message 11 of 175
Message 11 of 175

The SD810 is a battery hog. 

Message 12 of 175
Message 12 of 175

It could be a software bug which shows battery depliting rapidly the way samsung had issues with their galaxy s3. Battery was their but software showed that battery is not there after sometime.

Second, this could be issue with android 5.1.1 in which if an app connects to internet it doesn't kill that connection even if it's work had been done. Google about it.

Third, sony could answer.
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 175
Message 13 of 175

Sony are you there?

This is your new top mobile high-end and we need to know the reality regarding battery !

Hispa

Adviser
Message 14 of 175
Message 14 of 175

Now 5pm so 10 hours of usage and down to 53%. A lot better than yesterday! But still doesnt look like it will reach 2 days.

Settings/battery usage reckons 13 hours of battery left. But the graph shows it running out in 11 hours. Why such different estimates on the same screen?!

Adviser
Message 15 of 175
Message 15 of 175

11pm, 16 hours and down to 6%

3h44m screen on time.
2h call time
Talent
Message 16 of 175
Message 16 of 175

I am totally ok with battery on z5c. Yesterday i had 8:09h Sot, about hour more than I had with z3c in same conditions (movies, chrome, instagram, youtube and 45min of talking and brightness at 30% with adaptive lightning on). I have sshots but there is no attach option on this forum!

One time poster
Message 17 of 175
Message 17 of 175

8 hours of screen man? Wow It's great. Do you think that this phone can make this autonomy only using 3G, low bright and Whatsapp?
Adviser
Message 18 of 175
Message 18 of 175

Z5 battery life

Bought phone last Thursday, been having trouble getting through a day with this phone. Previously had Z3c also on 5.1.1 and had no issues running 2 days with 6h SoT.

Upgraded to a Z5 and now facing shifty battery life. Unfortunately I can't return my phone due to 3's policy, so I'm stuck with what I thought would be a great upgrade.

What can I do?
Learner
Message 19 of 175
Message 19 of 175

Re: Z5 battery life

Same problem here, my old Z2 would last 2 days...