account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

Regular
Message 91 of 175
Message 91 of 175

Re: A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

Hey, I really think it's the software issue, before Z5c I had Z3c and as long as it was running 4.4 kitkat everything was excellent. When I upgraded to lollipop all collapsed-  no flawlessly,  horrible battery life.... Now Z5c started with lollipop from the beginning so we can't even compare to anything else. 3 days ago I also had a software update where I thought that it can only be better but I was wrong, now it's even worse...

So.... for me probably 6.0 marshmallow is the only and last chance to stay with this toy. I liked all xperias from early beginning but I'm loosing patience. I think there is so many hi end phones on the market (especially in this price range!!!!).. ughhh... that Sony should try to keep their customers not to scare them off.

Inhabitant
Message 92 of 175
Message 92 of 175

I agree with you, they canceled the second post where I was complaining about the phone problems, proving that we are right.
A phone that takes 4 seconds to open the camera that costs 600 euro is really serious!

Hispa

Talent
Message 93 of 175
Message 93 of 175

There are many aspects to save the battery.You can try these ways as following:start stamina all the time;fully close lifelog;close auto-scan wifi;accuate located.It may help you so much.

But this is not what I want!!  I just want have a 2days battery life without any other operat(just like above).So disappointed.But it seems that other android phones have the same problem.Xperia seems like have the best battery life in android.And z5c's battery is also better than iphone6(except iphone6 plus,it's too big).In my list,lighting screen take 36% of battery life,it's a very big part.

Talent
Message 94 of 175
Message 94 of 175

haha,I just want sony make a better device or better system for us.I love sony,so I hope it can be better in the future.And I  also believe Apple will decline.I used iphone4s and iphone6,I found that iphone4s (with ios6) is better than iphone6(ios8) in many aspects.I have no choice,because it might be the best smartphone in the world.

Emperor
Message 95 of 175
Message 95 of 175

@hispanico

your claim is wrong, the reason your other posts have been removed are because you broke the forum guidelines repeatedly, I've send you several PM with a link to our forum guidelines, cross posting it's one of them. Again, this is a user based forum if you want to get in contact with Sony, you can do so, this is how: 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 96 of 175
Message 96 of 175

The problem is that I've tried to contact Sony 4 times using the link above, and didn't get any feedback from them.

I don't think that they care about us. I think Sony has one of the worst customer service (first place is booked for Oneplus team!).

Of course it also depends on country, maybe in US or UK it looks different but in Poland they don't give a s..t...!

Emperor
Message 97 of 175
Message 97 of 175

@Adam_Gaweda

Did you called them or emailed them? @SergioPL Any opinion on Sony support in Poland?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 98 of 175
Message 98 of 175

Re: Z5 Compact: Poor battery life !

Looks like i'm not the only one with this problem! I have had the phone for less than a week, and the longest the phone has lasted so far is about 12 hours. I don't use it excessively, just the usual browsing, facebook, texts and a call or 2. My iPhone 5 lasted longer! And that's saying something!

I've emailed Sony to ask for some support, but haven't had a reply yet. 

Would be good to see if somebody here had a solution as I really don't know how to fix this problem. I was hoping for 2 days, not less than 1 day! 

Slightly frowning Face

Regular
Message 99 of 175
Message 99 of 175

I Can only get like almost a Day battery in stamia mode. In battery historie i Can see That android os use like 25-35 % battery, That is crazy. My other Phone a Sony Xperia z3c the android os only use 5%.

What Can I do?

Emperor
Message 100 of 175
Message 100 of 175

@Lykke-Hansen

This is what I do whenever I get a new phone and/or major update, I reinstall everything with PCC then wait 1 or 2 days, battery life should improve.