account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

Talent
Message 71 of 175
Message 71 of 175

A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

This is a big problem ,because this is one of the key reasons for me  to buy it.I'm very disappoint.When I close the screen and shut all the apps down(without  stamina and  lifelog still on).During a night,it waste me 13% of battery life(91%-78%).Then I check the battery manage,I find someting is wrong.Z5 compact often self-awake,but I have no idea.I used Iphone6 which just spend 1%-2% battery life(100%-99%/98%;without do something specially;with ios8) a  night.    Other problems is that:I can't mange jurisdiction of apps,I only can accept or reject,but other phones can easy to manage them,like ios,also in other android phones like samsung (also with up 5.0,not 6.0).I have it for ten days and Z5 compact restart  twice!So many bugs and problems!!Fix them please!Fingersenor is not good.And photo is very very red.Besides,photo is bumpy.

Screenshot_2015-10-27-07-20-21.pngScreenshot_2015-10-27-07-21-38.png

174 REPLIES 174
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 175
Message 1 of 175

Z5 Compact: Poor battery life !

Poor battery life.I come from a Z3 Compact and are very disappointed with the battery life. 2 days ? but if barely arrival until 15 pm using it as before and with the same apps. I do not understand how a phone so publicized and expensive might have a bad time. I know very well the Z3 Compacct and arrived safely in the evening but this new Z5 is really a bad purchase !!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that the problem is the firmware

Marco
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 175
Message 2 of 175

Re: Z5 Compact: Poor battery life !

It may just need time to settle down and get use to how you use your device

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 175
Message 3 of 175

Can I thank you, but I'm already two days I use it. The problem may be wrong in deep sleep or the new snapdragon consumption too ..... but really the problem there! The ad said 2 days !!!!! Not serious.

Remember same apps and setting respect Z3C...but 50% less battery

Marco

One time poster
Message 4 of 175
Message 4 of 175

I have the same problem. Bought Z5 compact three days ago and the battery life is 10 hours with Stamina turned on and no Bluetooth and other stuff. Something is very wrong.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 175
Message 5 of 175

Yes Unfortunately, and I think that the problem is new snapdragon, so impossible to change ... and to think that the Sony advertises for 2 days. really ridiculous

I think to sell and comeback to Z3c

And 'useless to have a nice telefon powerful but that lasts half a day

HIs

Adviser
Message 6 of 175
Message 6 of 175

My z5 is down to 17% battery in 9 hours. Nothing showing in battery using apps.
Regular
Message 7 of 175
Message 7 of 175

17% in 9 hours doing nothing? Or did you use the phone as normal?

Adviser
Message 8 of 175
Message 8 of 175

Normal usage. Weird thing is the Sony battery estimate thing said a day remaining at 17% but the stock android graph showed it would run out in a few more hours
Adviser
Message 9 of 175
Message 9 of 175

so right now (7:30am) at 97% it says 2 days 8 hours remaining but the graph shows 0% at 4pm!