account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

Enthusiast
Message 60 of 175
Message 60 of 175

Re: Z5 battery life

gsmarena_002.jpg

Looking at GSM Arena's stats above seem totally inconsistent with most folks experience.  My phone performs only to about 30% in each fo their three categories. The question then becomes.... do the folks in this thread have defective units ?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 61 of 175
Message 61 of 175

Re: Z5 Compact: Poor battery life !

I sent one z5 back thinking it must be a problem with the phone. Received a second z5 only to experience the exact same battery issue. How Sony get away with this is beyond me. I'll be returning this and using my z3 which had pretty decent battery life
One time poster
Message 62 of 175
Message 62 of 175

I have new z3+ and also experiencing poor battery life...I guess the problem is new snapdragon 810... First two days my Xperia lasted about 7-8hours of normal usage ( with stamina on!!). I turned off the location settings - find location with GPS only-without WiFi and 3G, the I have turned off the LTE (using only 3G) and I barely make one day without the charger...better than several hours but miles away from claimed two days
Inhabitant
Message 63 of 175
Message 63 of 175

I'm having poor battery life issues with my z5 😞
Adviser
Message 64 of 175
Message 64 of 175

same poor battery life here too i thought would of been better hence why i bought the phone

Inhabitant
Message 65 of 175
Message 65 of 175

I hope seriously that Sony solved this with new firmware !!

Hispa

Mi9
One time poster
Message 66 of 175
Message 66 of 175

Signed up to post about this problem. I'm also getting absolutely rubbish battery life. I've had the handset for five days now and it hasn't improved.

I had an iPhone 6s and I switched to Xperia Z5 Compact because of the promise of 2 day battery life but this handset is actually performing worse than the iPhone.

Here's the performance today.

http://imgur.com/SR8Azkk

Had to charge it in the office because it was draining rapidly. Just now surfing and waiting for the bus it drained 10% in 30 minutes.

Absolutely disappointing.
Regular
Message 67 of 175
Message 67 of 175

Just wondering are all those issues (poor battery life, overheating processor, overheating and freezing screen, laggy phone, and probably more...)  in pair with the sony warranty? Can we return our z5c based on those issues? I know that Sony staff in not kind of a customer friendly and I expect that they will do all they can to NOT take it back from us and return money... Well, this is probably the first time for me that I'm really not happy with the new phone. I had z3c and I was 100% sure that moving from older to newer version of well known phone is the only and right choice for me- was I wrong?

Regular
Message 68 of 175
Message 68 of 175

...update... just got a message here on forum that there is new software available for my phone, it didn't show anything in settings, but when connected to PC using PCC, then !!!! here it is..... 

Talent
Message 69 of 175
Message 69 of 175

which version