account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Learner
Message 101 of 119
Message 101 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Help! Internet data extremely sloow after 7.1.1

This cant be my network problem. Because I change to other phone and it has no problem! 

Enthusiast
Message 102 of 119
Message 102 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

I would advise not o install the 7.1.1 update. Has made my Z5 Dual virtually useless.

Ram management is the problem I think. Phone is running out of RAM due to which the system freezes,

slow to respond,

black home screen,

apps redraw when minimized.

phone takes 1 second to react for any action.

Android system itseld is using over 2.2GB Ram leaving just 500 MB for the apps.

Learner
Message 103 of 119
Message 103 of 119

Hey, just wanted to report that (after updating) after ending a call, the call-ending-sound goes through the loudspeaker instead of the ear speaker. Part of the sound is played back in the ear speaker and the rest (most of it) in the loudspeaker. Anyone else experiencing that?

Restaring the phone doesn't help, I dont want to factory reset it, so im not sure if that would help.

Greets

Adviser
Message 104 of 119
Message 104 of 119

I loved my phone (Xperia Z5) on 7.0. But about a week after I did the 7.1.1 update I started having problems:

1) Random Reboots

2) com.sonyericsson.crashmonitor would crash after any reboot

3) Phone goes black on some calls. No way to end it. Faulty Ear Proximity Sensor

4) Phone intermittantly overheats. Ex. 3 apps "open" (Music--not playing, The Walk--I wasn't walking so it wasn't doing much, YouTube). Phone got so hot YouTube wouldn't play.

Software repair fixed only one of those issues (#2).  Factory Data Reset did not fix any of those issues. I live in the US but apparently this phone I bought on eBay was manufactured in the UK. So to send it in for repair, I'd have to go through the UK.  They transferred my case back to the US so I'm being volleyed back and forth at this stage.

I've seen several people here say they've rolled back to 7.0 or 6.0.  At this stage I would be very happy to roll back to 7.0 but I don't know how. I'm a tech support professional on a PC and I'm fairly knowledgeable as a USER of Android. I've never rooted anything.  If I could roll back to 7.0, maybe these problems would go away and I wouldn't have to send my phone anywhere. I want to love my phone again.  Please help.

Commissioner
Message 105 of 119
Message 105 of 119

@GabinkaP don't worry u r not alone here!! 

Facebook might be the culprit for 1,2 & 4 issues!! Uninstal Facebook related apps!!

3 one u already figured it out.. Wipe ur sensor with a soft cloth and check for faulty or dirty screen guards!! 

Regarding ur downgrade - Its pretty much easy like installing an app on pc!! Follow this guide 

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/03/12/install-xperia-marshmallow-using-flashtool-and-xperifirm-guide/

Adviser
Message 106 of 119
Message 106 of 119

Pravi,

I already tried removing Facebook and Facebook Messenger. It made no difference. I still have them uninstalled, but uninstalling them did not resolve any of my 4 issues.

For the sensor issue, I removed the original flexible screen cover I had (came with the phone) and tried the diagnostic test right then. Clean screen, no protector.  Still failed the test.  I now have a brand new tempered class protector (which has a cutout for the sensor) and still fails and still sometimes goes black. I can press the upper right corner of my screen to get my screen back.

As for the rollback, thanks but that is for Marshmallow. I'd still like Nougat. Just 7.0 and not 7.1.1.

Gabrielle

Commissioner
Message 107 of 119
Message 107 of 119

@GabinkaP Take ur SD out then  Try in safe mode and check for any faulty app which can cause this kind of behavior!!

And the downgrade procedure is same for all versions!! U can find ur respective variant ftf (including 5.1,6.0.1,7.0 and 7.1) under resources section of that site...   Just download the ftf for ur model _ tick all under wipe section _ flash ur desired version _ gud luck... Just remember u should select the ftf of ur model only!! 

Adviser
Message 108 of 119
Message 108 of 119

Pravi, I read more of that page and found there is a Global Generic 7.0 firmware in the repository.  I may definitely give this a try!

If my issues are resolved by flashing this firmware, it should prove the update to 7.1.1 caused the issues.

Gabrielle

Adviser
Message 109 of 119
Message 109 of 119

Will the FlashTool work on my Xperia Z2 Tablet as well?  It would be cool if I could update that one.  It's stuck as a Verizon device though so I can only get updates with a Verizon sim.  I did that once. For one month. I don't want to have to pay Verizon again.

Acccording to that article it will work on any Xperia device and unbrand the device.

One time poster
Message 110 of 119
Message 110 of 119

I just bought a z5 premium dual which android would you recommend me to update to 6.0 or to 7.0 which one is the most reliable?Am upgrading from z3