account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 91 of 119
Message 91 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

yeah, that makes sense then.

there's even a file called old-apns.xml in firmware.

send the .au support people mail and get them to add aldi and probs kogan while you're at it.

or it's some giant Murdoch conspiracy to make competitor networks have congested and crappy coverage, so the nbn looks better.

FTTBNGDSL. fibre through the bottle neck glorified dsl

edit: whose towers are they piggybacking to?

I've lost track now.. amaysim is optus.virgin.  everyone on 3 went voda. crazy johns is Telstra... I should just go to whirlpool

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Adviser
Message 92 of 119
Message 92 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Aldi is carried by talstra 

Talstra has 4g

Never noticed 4g on my Aldi sim only 3g

Aldi says 4g is available 

Have old Aldi 3g sim settings probably need update 

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 93 of 119
Message 93 of 119

nah, that's probably why aldi has cheaper rates, Telstra don't like sharing their top tier infrastructure. but could also be why there is extra drain, because the tower might say, hey I have lte... have lte...then the device says ok... here's some lte info.. then the tower says... wait... who the crap are you... here's 3 g.. then the device says ... oh.... ok here's 3g info

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 94 of 119
Message 94 of 119

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/7-1-1-Firmware-amp-The-importance-of-...

Enthusiast
Message 95 of 119
Message 95 of 119

well once again i've rolled back to android 6.0.1

I like nougat and the features but there are still some issues with the default sony apps on android 7.1.1
so yeah...pitty.

hopefully sony will release a update in a couple of months addressing the 3 issues

1. dialer and contacts app lag.

2. default messaging blank/ghost sms'es from unknow senders

3. default email app not reflecting the changes made in the app to hotmail...eg not deleting emails from hotmail (but they are deleted in the app)

Adviser
Message 96 of 119
Message 96 of 119

My phone just got this update downloaded (not installed yet)

so it sounds like best advice is to skip this update for now...

What's the best way to hide the "Software Update" notification ?

Nht
One time poster
Message 97 of 119
Message 97 of 119

I have a Z3+ dual sim since I updated to this version the phone started overheating rediculously, even the back side lid pealed off! you can't watch a single youtube video before you get the message that the device is overheated. any one knows any good fix ?  

Enthusiast
Message 98 of 119
Message 98 of 119

i rolled back to MM. Although this update isnt too bad, there is a few bugs. The album app photo redering is still much much faster in MM. I did notice that battery life is a little bit better in this update.

Enthusiast
Message 99 of 119
Message 99 of 119

I've had a software notification since the last update,  not this one,  I refuse to update because Sony has been having a nightmare with software right across the board with all their products,  the last time I updated my phone I was basically without a phone for three days until the fourth pc companion repair.  You can't really get rid of the notification,  you can force close it but it just pops up again later on,  I've learned to live with it until a new update comes out and everyone here sings it's praises,  until then I'll stick with android 6.0.1.

Apprentice
Message 100 of 119
Message 100 of 119

Greetings.

Z5 compact. 

Although sceptical I updated to 7.1.1. yesterday. Prior to that the phone has been almost unusable the last 2-3 weeks with overheating, severe battery drain and lagging. I.e. excactly like many has reported here on the forum.

Things got a litte better after I deactivated movie creator a couple of days ago. 

For me the update has been successful so far, the phone is much more responsive, uses less battery, and no more overheating. 

In my opinion most of the recent problems has come from either movie maker or another app and not 7.1.1.

#crossingfingers