account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Commissioner
Message 111 of 119
Message 111 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

6.0.1 Marshmallow!!  U Wil not gonna find that experience with any version of Android for z4/z5/z5p other than this!! It's more stable than other versions with very less issues.

Adviser
Message 112 of 119
Message 112 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

I have managed (with FlashTool) to downgrade my phone to Android 7.0 (Thanks, Pravi, for your help.).

My 4 issues were these:

1) Random reboots

2) com.sonyericsson.crashmonitor (after any reboot): resolved by Software Repair

3) Ear Proximity Sensor faulty

4) Intermittant overheating.

I'm hoping some or all of those issues are gone since I've downgraded.  We'll see. I've got a lot of restoring of my apps and app data before I can find out.  Will let you know.

Sage
Message 113 of 119
Message 113 of 119

I don't like to cross-post but, because there are two threads about this, I have to. Sorry.

Yesterday I updated my Z5 Compact to Android 7.1.1. Even after giving it time to cool down, and after a couple of reboots, cpu was restrained to 4 processor and 1.5Ghz frequency.

Video was lagging too because GPU was not engaged.

I used Qualcomm's TREPN app to be sure about that, not only CPU-Z.

Then, as soon I reverted back to Android 6.0.1, everything was fine.

Sony is starting to have serious issues with OS upgrades, nowaday,

Adviser
Message 114 of 119
Message 114 of 119

As I wrote before, about a week after the 7.1.1 updated I starting having issues. I've since downgraded back to 7.0 in the hopes that those issues would go away.

My 4 issues were these:

1) Random reboots

2) com.sonyericsson.crashmonitor (after any reboot): resolved by Software Repair

3) Ear Proximity Sensor faulty

4) Intermittant overheating.

2) was resolved by Software Repair before I downgraded. 

3) I ran the diagnostics and the vibration did not start when the test did. But it didn't stop when I removed my hand from the top of the screen. Still faulty. Black screen during calls was intermittant and I haven't see in again. Doesn't mean it won't happen.  Pressing the upper right corner of the phone gets the vibrations to stop at least for a few seconds.

4) Well, it was intermittant. Haven't noticed it past that one time it happened.

So that leaves my most plaguing problem: 1) Random reboots.  It cut me off a phone call once.  It means my phone is out of commission for 4 minutes or so. And it can reset my progress in some applications.  Very annoying.

I'm very sad to say that my phone is still rebooting.  Not as often (before the downgrade, I once had 5 in a day).  I had a reboot at 2am after the downgrade and not another one until 7pm.  

I uninstalled one of my newest apps to see if it was causing the issue.  The phone still rebooted.  So no, that wasn't it. I've now uninstalled the other app I got at about the same time.  If it is the cause,, my phone should not reboot. If my phone reboots, it wasn't that app.

And apparently, it's not the 7.1.1 update. Or that update screwed up the hardware on my phone and now I'm screwed.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 115 of 119
Message 115 of 119

Well, that was quick. It was not that app.  My phone just rebooted.  It did boot up faster than usual though. I don't think it was down more than a minute.

Regular
Message 116 of 119
Message 116 of 119

BTW, why are there no option to call (or send message) the contact again after ending a call anymore (before the call screen goes away)? I often try to get to someone multiple times and have to get through phone app every time.

Enthusiast
Message 117 of 119
Message 117 of 119

Does anyone know if fast charging has been fixed in this release? Have a Z5 dual on 7.0 firmware  .33 and no fast charging with UCH10 charger and lead.

Many thanks.

Rookie
Message 118 of 119
Message 118 of 119

Can you say when I will get the update for my Z5 Premium? When I look in support, there`s the message "no new version planned".

Apprentice
Message 119 of 119
Message 119 of 119

Is Sony actually ignoring all we are put through since 7.1.1 rolled out on Z5 devices? My obsolete Galaxy Note 3 is outperforming my Z5 Premium with ease.