account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Adept
Message 61 of 119
Message 61 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

And just checked update from the phone, nothing. So can't be live.

Commissioner
Message 62 of 119
Message 62 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Well then let's see how btr or worse it will be in next update!!  Hope for the best!! 

Adept
Message 63 of 119
Message 63 of 119

So far, on old build, all good. Think I'll avoid the update if they release one 😉 

Genius
Message 64 of 119
Message 64 of 119

Got the update around 4 days ago, good clean install & have not experienced any of the issues mentioned here.....i would recommend to anyone having severe problems after any software update to repair using Xperia Companion, i have only ever once had problems after a software update & tho reluctant at the time i repaired with XP & it solved the issues

Highlighted
Adept
Message 65 of 119
Message 65 of 119

Agree but from what I've been reading and from other people's experience is that something is happening several days after update where phone has been working fine. with no new apps installed, no changes, then complete slow down to the point where phone crashes constantly and unusable. Would be nice to hear from Sony! 

Adept
Message 66 of 119
Message 66 of 119

Spoke too soon. After installing a few apps like fb and messenger and starting one game, phone now red hot, slow and showing 1.5 gb ram used! Any ideas as I've done clean install from Xperia companion which as installed 7.0and no new update showing. Sony?

Adviser
Message 67 of 119
Message 67 of 119

What worked for me

Settings./more./mobile networks./preferred network types./wCDMA only.

Set to wcdma only since doing this it is the best my phone has ever been .when I pull it out of my pocket it is cold and battery use is low. I do not have to use stamina mode anymore.

The veriations between phones could be because of the difference in providers (different SIM cards)?if the settings com from the SIM card . Just a guess.

The slowness in the phone comes from the heat.

Find out what is making your phone hot.

My phone was at its worst just after charging or extended use 

Hope this helps

There are a lot of frustrated people out there

Message 68 of 119
Message 68 of 119

@Dav41

you are using 7.1.1 and everything alright? 
(ps also on 7.0 and even 6.0) the phone got hot when LTE was on

Adviser
Message 69 of 119
Message 69 of 119

Yes on 7.1.1

Changed from LATE(preferred)/wcdma/GSM.

To wcdma only

My phone has been hot on 6 and 7 like you

Guess. it is running two antennas and constantly looking for the best band g4 g3 G2

Hope this helps

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 70 of 119
Message 70 of 119

@dandy63 wrote:

Got the update around 4 days ago, good clean install & have not experienced any of the issues mentioned here.... 

That's what I always recommend. I mentioned it at XDA in a thread as a general comment, and this dude is ripping in to me, because he probably read it as - your problems are because you did the OTA... but he did flash 5 times already... I should add my signature there too, Jesus didn't save me

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.