account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 51 of 119
Message 51 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

@Niles wrote:

The size of icons has gotten bigger even though this is set to small in settings. 

Turns out that I needed to press & hold on the home screen and select the 5x5 grid feature. 

there's also dpi mode in display settings.. and then you have even more dpi control in developers options. I can't remember if I mentioned it in the other thread

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Regular
Message 52 of 119
Message 52 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Me Z5 compact, tooooo much lag n heat

There's a time I was feeling phone was sooooo heat, then checked Bluetooth was on out of sudden. Many times happened like that! Happened in this 3 4 days. Bluetooth was suddenly on n phone was heat up! Then when trying to off the Bluetooth, it was toooo much lag until I off n on the phone to make it smoother n colder. Restarting not only once, thrice times! I even turned it off for few minutes because it was too lag even home screen, menu didn't appear smooth, it takes seconds to appear all widgets n apps in menu.

Anyone has same problem with me? Anyone has any solution?

Please Sony improve

Apprentice
Message 53 of 119
Message 53 of 119

Hi, it's been over a week now since I've updated and honestly the general lag when I use any apps, the battery drain and the overheating of the device is outrageous.

Isn't updates meant to upgrade the user experience?

This one I'm sorry, does not.

Are you aware of any patches coming our way, because I'd rather have my previous software version.

Best regards.

Carlo Coello

Apprentice
Message 54 of 119
Message 54 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a rreollt _updated users can leave a feedback on perf

Reboot your phone in safe mode. Then power off. Then power on. It made a big difference to mine 

Apprentice
Message 55 of 119
Message 55 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a rreollt _updated users can leave a feedback on perf

Thanks for your advice, I did it yesterday and it worked for a few ours but the lag, the overheating and the battery draining continues.

So I still think Sony should do something ahout it, it's outreagous the bricking they're causing to z5c owners.

Message 56 of 119
Message 56 of 119

so many new bugs it will take atleast 100days to fix some of them (if they'll fix) or make it worse once again

some of the bug report also on XDA  (7.1.1   A.0.160)

1.Can't really delete photos &black thumbnails
2.Video cam app crash
3.Caller id dosnt work 
4.Higher Battery Drain
5.Bottom speaker dosnt work 
6.Data not working
7.Higher Ram usage
8.phone overheating without any use
9.SD card wont work

i blocked the update   (forced close the OTA)

Adviser
Message 57 of 119
Message 57 of 119

Worst update so far. Exepriencing major lag and performance issues on a Z5 and Z5C.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 58 of 119
Message 58 of 119

DON'T INSTALL!

Never had a phone that lagged so much to the point where the phone is unusable. Even the keyboard was taking 30 seconds to open and ram was showing almost fully used even with no apps loading. 

And looking through here, I'm not the only one and looks like Sony have withdrawn it as I connected my phone to reinstall through companion and my phone is now showing the previous build and working fine again.

Commissioner
Message 59 of 119
Message 59 of 119

@smiffie71 - the update is still alive!!  It may shows previous build at the time of repair... But u Wil get latest build after the repair process is done!! 

-Perform a software repair 

-Reset ur device 

#####most of the users found this helpful to solve the issues happend after the update #####

Adept
Message 60 of 119
Message 60 of 119

Well I'm back on the previous build and according to companion, there's no new update.