account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.5mm Audio port does not recognize devices after an update to Android 7.0

Apprentice
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Does our money and effort really matter

We spend huge buying these products and end up repairing them for unnecessary reason. A high end product faces lot of problem and SONY don't care.

Pioneer
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

Re: Does our money and effort really matter

Could be Worse... Could be EA or Facebook
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Apprentice
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

Re: 3.5mm Audio port does not recognize devices after an update to Android 7.0

I have tried and there is no change. I don't understand why do we have to suffer like this even after spending so much. Following Sony from ages and always had a very bad experience. if This time problem not resolved technically, I want replacement of phone not repair and also we won't wait for other to arrive after weeks and months later.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

I understand how you feel, but I'm afraid that I can't speak for how the local routines look like in your market regarding replacements or repairs. In this case I would refer you to get in touch with your local support team and retailer and raise it with them. Since this is a Global user based technical support Forum, what I can offer from my point of view would be a recommendation to have it sent to service for what you're experiencing.

However, please note that I understand  that it's frustrating to experience such behaviour with your device. sad

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

Also after update my phone doesn't ring anymore also sounds not working like key tones
Apprentice
Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

Headphone jack not working

How is that possible that app like sound about can force sound to be heard from headphones but not directly. Cant Sony resolve this problem simply by an update. Is Sony not in a position to attend the customers.
Why should we wait for so long.
Visitor
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

Re: Headphone jack not working

Dear Sony,

there is an obvious software issue here as most customers have experienced this issue after an update, including me. There are quite a few customers commenting on the headphone jack issue on another forum page which is noted as being "solved". Why it's "Solved" beats me, as it obviously isnt.

asking your customers to send in the phone for something that you should be able to fix with an update is also another reason why your customers are frustrated and are likley to avoid a Sony phone in the future. i definitly will once my contract ends. Other than the headphone issue this phone works reasonably well. Its a shame Sony will be willing to let this issue persist, and are resorting to asking customers to spend money in sending the phones to repair centres and having customers without a phone for a minimum of 10 days. Really, as this is a Sony problem, Sony should be looking to arrange for replacement phones.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

@Emir

Happening for me to in Nougat. Phone doesn't recognise any heafset, even Sony's ones. It's software problem. I've downgraded back to Marshmallow and problem was solved. And again, after updating to Nougat issue has showed again...

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

I understand that it may be frustrating, but in this case I can only refer You to have Your device sent to an authorized service center, since previous troubleshooting did not help. I am afraid that I can't answer for how modifying the software may affect the device, I am also not able to assist with such a procedure as it may void warranty. 

To my knowledge, some customers have had their device sent to service for this behaviour and it has been resolved for them, so I would recommend that course of action.

Please keep me updated on how it went!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

It could not be Sony's fault. I mean, my Z5 Premium is now on Nougat, and my HEADPHONES PORT IS WORKING. 100% WORKING. Granted, it's the MDR NC31E noise cancelling earphones, but it IS working 100%. I can listen to anything and everything I want.

Just because your phone went to s... doesn't give YOU the right to say Sony is s... they're treating you like s... because many folks have good experiences with their Xperias and Nougat.

Also, have you disabled the Smart Connect application? I did it as soon as the "recommended" factory reset completed after I installed Nougat on this thing...