account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

screen recording - no internal audio

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

screen recording - no internal audio

When using the screen recording, the internal sound (not mic) is not recorded. On the Z3C it records also the game/app generated sounds. Known issue, or can I somehow influence the mixer settings?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: screen recording - no internal audio

@backslashhh wrote:

No, I don't. Microphone recording works. Game sound not.

It sounds like the sounds effects of the game application you're trying to record may be protected (copyright). That's probably why you don't get any internal sound effects recorded.

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

@backslashhh

Do you have a voice recording app or ok google on ? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@backslashhh

Perhaps @Johan could elaborate on this.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@backslashhh wrote:

It sounds like the sounds effects of the game application you're trying to record may be protected (copyright). That's probably why you don't get any internal sound effects recorded.

Regular
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@Johan wrote:

@backslashhh wrote:

Simple experiment. Turned on sound on touch. Recorded simple homescreen interaction. No sound recorded.

Regular
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@backslashhh wrote:

When using the screen recording, the internal sound (not mic) is not recorded. On the Z3C it records also the game/app generated sounds. Known issue, or can I somehow influence the mixer settings?

Thanks

Ok, I was wrong. The Z3C has the mic turned on by default. So it seems to record only via the mic. I guess recording directly from the soundcard is disabled because of the mentioned copyright. Consider this "solved". Thanks

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Soft ware : fixed you can't on or off internal audio

Hard ware : you can on your head phone with "freezed" mic