account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z4 and Sony Apps in landscape mode

Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: Xperia Z4 and Sony Apps in landscape mode

@JonC

Glad to hear that it works now Slightly smiling Face

It could be possible that you've somehow got the wrong version installed as an update.

If i press back in Xperia Lounge it will switch to portrait but then it will automatically switch back to the landscape mode within 1-2 seconds so it will not stay in portrait mode.

You can of course use the pictures i posted.

@Ian1234

Could you also try to uninstall updates for What's New and see if that helps for you to?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

Hi Rickard

An update to the factory version of Whats New - update version 3.3.A.0.1 - causes the non-landscape mode issue.  It's a Sony software issue.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

Do you know if you got this update inside What's New or from Settings -> About tablet -> Software update?

Could you please send me a private message with the IMEI/EDID of your tablet? You can find this under Settings -> About tablet -> Status.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

I got the update from within What's New - the side-panel flagged an update against the Updates option.

Edit - I can confirm this as I've rolled back to the factory version, and the update has just re-appeared within What's New as an Application Update "Recommended by Sony".  It even states "Please tell us what you think about this update at https://talk.sonymobile.com" ... Slightly smiling Face 

Sent you a private message with my Z4 details.

Thanks

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

I've recieved more information about this. In the client version 3.x of What's New, there was a complete rework of the UI and it was decided to go for portrait mode only, regardless of if it is a phone or tablet.

So with the latest version, there's no landscape support i'm afraid.

This update has also rolled out in my country now and i see the same thing. It seems it's still possible to force it to landcape using the app i mentioned earlier though so that is perhaps something you can try.

Talent
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

Thanks for you help on this, Rickard - I sorta guessed this was the case but it's a little worrying that one part of Sony (aka the software side) doesn't communicate with the hardware side.

Obviously something I'll have to take up with Sony directly.

Thanks again.