account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

VPN connection over L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key won't work

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

VPN connection over L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key won't work

My VPN connection over L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key won't work with my z4 tablet. 

After a few seconds vpn is disconnected. I tried the same with pptp and it works, but that isn't what i want.

My Draytek Router has no request with L2TP in the logs.

The connection works without problems with i-phone, LG and Samsung Smartphones, all with the newest software.

Is there way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: VPN connection over L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key won't work

Hi,

It seems Draytek provides their own app for this. What if you download this app and try to connect using it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draytek.smartvpn

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: VPN connection over L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key won't work

Check the very last option. L2TP/IPsec with 96 bit key. It was added recently and fixes issue with Synology VPN.

Also make sure PSK key is 8 lowercase alpha letters, no special characters. I didn't manage to make it work on vanilla Android too.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)