account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Tablet locked by MXTP

Apprentice
Message 21 of 33
Message 21 of 33

Re: Z4 Tablet "PROTECTED"

Just a little update on this topic.

Today i updated via "Sony PC-Companion" yet again - just before i wanted to send it back to Sony.

Right after the update was done the "Theft protection"-screen popped up as usual.

But this time it rebooted right after the login with the result that MXTP was disabled after the reboot.

It seems Sony fixed that bug so i'm able to use my tablet again *cheer*

Anyway - i wont activate this feature ever again ;-)

Regular
Message 22 of 33
Message 22 of 33

Re: Tablet locked by MXTP

Woohoo!! Well about time. Sent mine off already, and already 9days and counting because they have had a lot of tablets going in for repair... No shock there.

Hopefully I'll get mine back some time this week and like you I'll be deactivating MXTP.
One time poster
Message 23 of 33
Message 23 of 33

Protected mode screen

Hi, I've received (birthday' gift) a Xperia Z4 tablet. Once I started the tablet I have a black protected screen asking me Google credentials. Inserted my email and password I receive an error message that they are incorrect. Unable to restore tablet to factory setup. What can I do? Thnks

One time poster
Message 24 of 33
Message 24 of 33

Re: Z4 Tablet "PROTECTED"

I tried reinstalling the software but I still cannot get past the Protected screen. I logon to Google ok but the Xperia software still rejects it. I have raised a problem with Sony support but two days later I'm still waiting for them to email me with details of where to send the Tablet to. This is the most abominable software I have ever encountered.

Learner
Message 25 of 33
Message 25 of 33

Lockdown Mode MXTP and im in China (so no google)

I have a serious problem, i have a Z4 tablet that has suddenly decided to go into Lockdown mode.

I live in China having moved here from the UK.

I get only the authenticate button and the wifi setting. The wifi connections all claim to be able to connect but there is no internet available. All other devices on the same wifi network are ok so i assume that its looking for google play services and they are all blocked in China.

I cant sign in to turn on the VPN so basically i have a very expensive paperweight.

Im all for security but using a company that is blocked in sevral countries is a crazy idea.

Without using google or leaving the country how can i unlock this device?

Forum Legend
Message 26 of 33
Message 26 of 33

Re: Lockdown Mode MXTP and im in China (so no google)

you can try to connect to a secure unrestricted wifi network ( if it exist) maybe at your embassy?

if you are knowledeable enough: http://maxoberberger.net/blog/2013/08/unlock-android-device-using-adb/

maybe flashing another firmware using Xperifirm or flashtool.

is google blocked in hongkong?

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Forum Legend
Message 27 of 33
Message 27 of 33

Re: Lockdown Mode MXTP and im in China (so no google)

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f778/easy-bypass-mxtp-my-xperia-theft-protection-2031584/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoiQhA51SCE

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Bypass( MXTP ) my Xperia Theft Protection Bypass( MXTP ) my Xperia Theft Protection https://www.facebook.com/gsmst0re/ م/ تامر السكرى
Visitor
Message 28 of 33
Message 28 of 33

Experia z protected screen

Hi my Expedia z tablet is stuck on the protected screen. When I press the authenticate icon it says network connectivity issue even though I'm connected on Wi-Fi .....Help
Genius
Message 29 of 33
Message 29 of 33

Re: Experia z protected screen

Hello @Jo47 and welcome to the forum!

Based on your question it sounds like you have an Xperia Z4 Tablet so I moved your topic to that board.

If your device is locked with My Xperia Theft protection and you need to authenticate you will have to enter the Google credentials for the first Google account you signed in with in your device. If this does not work at first you can reset your password at the link below.

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Regarding the network error you are receiving, is there any change if you connect your tablet to another network or (if possible) to a mobile network? Are you then able to authenticate your account?

Let me know how it goes!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 30 of 33
Message 30 of 33

Re: Tablet locked by MXTP

Sorted thank you didrik