account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Keyboard has stopped working

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Keyboard has stopped working

I have had my Z4 Xperia Tablet for about a year but the keyboard has stopped working. I have tried doing a keyboard reset but no use. The white light is on (and tablet and Kb are both fully charged). The Kb is shown as paired on the tablet.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Keyboard has stopped working

@Tony-C

Does the keyboard need an app to be installed on tablet or it's just paired?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Its the standard BKB50 keyboard. There is no app.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@Tony-C There might be an app, perhaps inbuilt. Go to settings - apps, show system (tap on the 3 dots first) and look for BKB50 in the list. Try to clear data for it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

No sign of anyapp called BKB50

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

In this case, contact your Local support.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I guess you have already tried to remove the bluetooth pairing and then re-pair via NFC?

Maybe you can put the keyboard into pairing mode and check with a different device (laptop or another mobile) if the keyboard is visible at all via bluetooth.

When the device is paired and not working: have you chosen the Xperia keyboard in the settings of the tablet?

And maybe you want to check if all authorizations are assigned to the keyboard: open bluetooth settings and click on the cogwheel of the keyboard, check the authorizations.

BR

Zampano

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I know this is an old thread but I like to add a possible solution. When you go into Bluetooth settings and tap the cog next to the paired BKB50, you'll see a check mark: 'configure as input device'. What worked for me was unchecking this, confirm the change and then re-check it. The keyboard started working again.

Regular
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have same issues mine stopped working about 2 months ago and just cant get it working ,this is sooooo not good 

Regular
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Thanks MTR76 this helped my keyboard now works