account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

z3 actual call volume after lollipop upgrade.

Inhabitant
Message 91 of 100
Message 91 of 100

Re: z3 actual call volume after lollipop upgrade.

I'm also having this issue, can barely hear people on a call
One time poster
Message 92 of 100
Message 92 of 100

I also have issue with my Sony Z3 compact earpiece volume being too low after a recent update, even though its on maximum level setting. This is in addition to vibration no longer working (but thats a separate issue and another that others have reported).

I tried asking the staff in the local Sony shop but they didn't want to know.

Disable, reboot, enable of Audio Settings didn't work.

Safe mode had the same issue, so no change there.

Sony - please listen and put the mixer fix in so we don't have to root the phone!

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 93 of 100
Message 93 of 100

Any update on this issue? This is completely insane, to use a Smart"Phone" which can't be used to attend calls.

Sony, you just messed up the basic thing in a Mobile Phone.

Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.

One time poster
Message 94 of 100
Message 94 of 100

Notification sound of Z3

I am fed up of low notification sound of Z3. I m very much fond of Sony but now I m thinking to sell the mobile on olx only due to very low sound.pl help.
Learner
Message 95 of 100
Message 95 of 100

Re: low ear speaker volume

Hello,

I have xperia z3 running marshmallow , when i did the update to marshmallow i encountered the same problem i.e. the earpiece noise (volume) was considerably lower and when olaying mp3's or videos's the volume on the bottom speaker was higher than the top one .Ii had contacted sony customer care they suggested that i had a hardware problem but as i did my research on the internet i came accross sony customers with the same problem but they were running different versons of Android. I definitely think the problem is in the software though some might say otherwise. I have not come accross any fix for this particular issue , but if you may come across any solution or a fix , could you email  me 

One time poster
Message 96 of 100
Message 96 of 100

Re: low ear speaker volume

I am having the same problem since the new 6 version update.  People say I sound like I'm far away in a room when I call, I've tested it with my wifes phone and you can BARLEY hear me through the Z3 Compact, speakerphone works fine. I've disabled every option I can think off including google voice search etc and it still doesn't work.  I'm super upset as I use the phone for my remote support job all the time, I'm working on downgrading to the previous version as soon as I can to get this thing working again.  I almost always avoid updates and this time I thought, maybe....turns out I was wrong!  I've found no solutions anywhere on the internet, probably as the update just came out.

Learner
Message 97 of 100
Message 97 of 100

I will be going to the Sony customer care in a few days.Will inform you with the solution if the problem is solved.
One time poster
Message 98 of 100
Message 98 of 100

I have the same trouble, after I upgraded to marshmallow, there is no ringing tone, Eveything else works but I can't heart the ringing tone of my phone. When I restart my phone then it works, but after some times same problem again. I can't restating my phone everytime, please Sony fix this bug soon!
One time poster
Message 99 of 100
Message 99 of 100

Z3 ringtone sound is very low

HI. My z3 ring tone volume is very low even when my mobile is beside me I don't hear it. Any help please 

Visitor
Message 100 of 100
Message 100 of 100

I just updated the phone again and everything became normal

@sparky1 wrote:
Oh and I have also used

@sparky1 wrote:
Oh and I have also used pc companion to erase and reinstall the phone incase the lollipop update had caused issues by overlaying over the top of kit kat when it rolled out.

pc companion to erase and reinstall the phone incase the lollipop update had caused issues by overlaying over the top of kit kat when it rolled out.

I just updated the phone again and everything became normal

я просто обновил телефон еще раз и все стало нормально