account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

z3 actual call volume after lollipop upgrade.

Regular
Message 81 of 100
Message 81 of 100

Re: z3 actual call volume after lollipop upgrade.

Hello Sony,

can you please do something to solve this??

any answer to us?

really you need a survey to know how is it going?

One time poster
Message 82 of 100
Message 82 of 100

I've had a problem when the sound of the person I'm speaking to will drop out. Random times. A few minutes, 10 minutes - 10 seconds. I've reinstalled and deleted apps etc. Everything but today I figured it out. It's the phone getting hot and the case that I have on the phone is keeping the heat in it and not dissapating it. 

I've taken the cover off and no problem 

Adviser
Message 83 of 100
Message 83 of 100

Sorry I've not been getting my notifications,  do you still need the orginal, I do have it.  What I changed in it was as follows.

ORGINAL FILE

<ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="84" />
    <ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="84" />
    <ctl name="RX3 Digital Volume" value="84" />
    <ctl name="RX4 Digital Volume" value="84" />
    <ctl name="RX5 Digital Volume" value="84" />
    <ctl name="RX6 Digital Volume" value="84" />
    <ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="84" />

Updated file in \system\etc

<ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="95" />
    <ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="95" />
    <ctl name="RX3 Digital Volume" value="90" />
    <ctl name="RX4 Digital Volume" value="90" />
    <ctl name="RX5 Digital Volume" value="90" />
    <ctl name="RX6 Digital Volume" value="90" />
    <ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="90" />

rebooted and was sorted.

I have recently wiped my phone and done a clean but still rooted install of 23.4.A.0.546 and i did not need to edit the mixers_path.xml file,  The volume was back to kitkat normal but still a little quiet for my preference.

Cheers

D2

Adviser
Message 84 of 100
Message 84 of 100

not tested the new firmware 23.4.A.1.200,  will be done soon though. 

For those rooters you will need the SELinuxModeChanger app to take the kernel out of enforcing mode into permissive mode from rom 23.4.A.0.546.

D2

Sony Xperia Support
Message 85 of 100
Message 85 of 100

Could you try going to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Audio Settings -> Disable and then restart the phone and then enable the app again from Settings -> Apps -> All -> Audio Settings and see if that helps?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 86 of 100
Message 86 of 100

Hello Rickard,

tried this and didn't work. I'm on the latest firmare xxxx.200.

really desperating issue...

Regular
Message 87 of 100
Message 87 of 100

Hello doom2.

I did edit the file as you showed and no succes. I must say that i did not use the SELinuxModeChanger app becouse actually, i don't know what it is Thinking Face. Now i downloaded it and going to test something, don't know what to do with it so let's try!

thanks!

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 88 of 100
Message 88 of 100

@Rickard, Hello, Did this low call volume issue got addressed in latest 23.4.A.1.232 build? 

I'm pretty sure that is was NOT fixed in 23.4.A.1.200 build. 

Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 89 of 100
Message 89 of 100

@titijuli

Sorry to hear that it didn't help Slightly frowning Face

First try the phone in safe mode if you haven't done that already.

If safe mode doesn't help, would it be possible for you to try resetting the phones customization and see if that helps? This will also reset the phone to factory default so you need to make a backup of any data you want to save first.

To do this, dial *#*#7378423#*#* and select Customization Settings -> Reset customization -> Reset customization and reboot

@VigneshXperiaS

I have not received any confirmation that a general issue with in call volume has been found.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 90 of 100
Message 90 of 100

Hi, I am having exact same issue since I updated to lollipop 5.1.1 23.4.A.1.232.

How can I send you my mixer_paths.xml file?

I do not hear incoming call ringing ( very low, all speakers work when I listen music or playing video.  IT IS NOT HARDWARE ISSUE.   They can't hear my voice clearly.  If I switch to speaker phone, they can hear me well but the volume of speaker is very low.  I believe that SONY definitely knows or awares this issue. 

Sony, you must fix this problem,  this is very basic and important problem for PHONE, can't make phone call=useless.

regards,

kojik