account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia zperia z3+ waterproof failed on me

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

xperia zperia z3+ waterproof failed on me

sony z3+ waterproof or not???my sony xperia z3+ not waterproof in water 3 times  the same trouble and this times 4 times my sony broken after i try in water at least 2-5 minute. Tell me what the problem all port close.

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: xperia zperia z3+ waterproof failed on me

Hi @aconk0301,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues with your Z3+. 

The Xperia Z3+ has an has Ingress Protection rating IP65/68 and is waterproof and protected against dust.

If you believe you have water ingression please contact your local support team and ask them to perform a vacuum pressure test.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I once went swimming with an Xperia Z4 AU kddi version for 40 minutes and didn't realize it until I was out of the pool drying off. That thing was submerged the entire time and works as well as it did the day I first activated it.

I have been in the Tokyo rainy season getting my Z4 and International Version which is called a Z3+ ( same phone with very few differences internally) caught in the rain several times with no ill effects.

That said I once brought a purple Z3 into a swimming pool and it died within 3 seconds..... after playing with a Z3 compact in the same pool for days with no problem.. probably a combination of how well you close to the flaps and the random variables which occur at the factory and whatever situation you were in?

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Another thought, was it updated to 6.0.1? Was it by chance extremely hot on an older the version of the operating system and then submerged into cold water? That would perhaps do it harm?
Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

yesterday i test my sony xperia Z3+ only 10cm and now tottaly dead, no compensation for my handphone??i tired the same trouble at the time this time 4x my sony broken after i test waterproof,before i use sony xperia Z3+ i use sony xperia Z  Ultra is waterproof.