account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

switching xperia keyboards

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

switching xperia keyboards

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to switch keyboard languages of the fly on my xperia z3.

I have xperia English as well as chinese keyboards but the only obvious way to switch seems to be changing languages entirely, something I do not want to do.

What I need is to be able to switch keyboard to Chinese while typing (something that just at it could do on my galaxy note 2, it had an icon next to the space key that allowed me to quickly switch between chinese, English and Romanian).

Can someone give me a suggestion on how to achieve this on z3? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: switching xperia keyboards

You can change the keyboard language by swiping down your notification drawer when the keyboard is up. You should see a keyboard icon on the notification bar. Once you bring down the notifications screen select choose input method and you can select your keyboard language. Also when android 5 gets released there should be more language lbs and settings for the keyboard. But that's the only way I know how to switch pretty fast between the keyboards. Not as fast as iOS but what can you do? I hope sony can give us an update with that quick setting.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

You can change the keyboard language by swiping down your notification drawer when the keyboard is up. You should see a keyboard icon on the notification bar. Once you bring down the notifications screen select choose input method and you can select your keyboard language. Also when android 5 gets released there should be more language lbs and settings for the keyboard. But that's the only way I know how to switch pretty fast between the keyboards. Not as fast as iOS but what can you do? I hope sony can give us an update with that quick setting.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

I hope that finally the keyboard will stop lagging in chrome with android 5.0 or else im flushing the z3 down the toilet. Its one of the biggest anoying things i have ever had on a smartphone. A keyboard on wich you press 5 times the backspace it will register only 2 or 3 presses and the vibrating, sound and showing up on screen has a terrible delay.

Wow i get pissed off only thinking about it right now.... there were moment when i was typing that i almost throw my z3 to a wall.

Visitor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@Superkitsune: thanks, that works! 

@sygys: I have to say that I haven't experienced these kinds of issues. Yeah, the default kb is definitely not for fast typists and while sometimes I had to go tap some keys again, it was never that serious (haptic feedback does have a delay, to be sure, since it's a mechanic feature and either you type slower and give it the time to react or just disable it - but never seen a phone where that didn't happen). 

Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

哈哈.. ok seems difficult to me.. But not bad.. I miss my samsung note3neo 😭
Commissioner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

you can use the xperia chinese keyboard, supports english and chinese. then you only need to press the button next to the dot

Adviser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Now i use chinese keyboard which is very terrible.. The space button too small. Sometimes i accidently press the dot.. Using the international keyboard i can disable the dot.. So it give me bigger space button.. Not in chinese keyboard ah
Commissioner
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

how big of a space you need..

Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

3CM rather than 1.5CM. Arrow button seems useless ah!
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Looks like an old forum but with the Xperia international keyboard set, all you have to do is start typing and it will guess which language you are typing. But first you have to go in to > settings > language & input > Xperia keyboard "international keyboard" > writing languages, then pick the languages that you want. So easy!