account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

sony xperia z3 over heating problem

Visitor
Message 11 of 42
Message 11 of 42

Re: sony xperia z3 over heating problem

hi , i have Xperia Z3 Dual D6633, i bought this about 2 mounths ago, 3 days ago i get the update notification on my phone that needed PC. i Conected to PC and update Android 4.4.3 to 4.4.4.. after that i  have 3 problems. 1- my wifi can not conect, its go on and off, and cant search for new access point, and when i try to conect to my access point one message appear on screen " Fail to Conect to Network", 2-Battery Charge going down too fast, 3-bach side of my phone temprature goes up, when i turn on my WIFI, or my Data.. , i think it has Software problem , please help me ,

Rookie
Message 12 of 42
Message 12 of 42

On my z3 the small games are also lagging like subway suffers,temple run and much more games. all game are laging even samsung galaxy a3 is playing these games really good please fix this issue
Message 13 of 42
Message 13 of 42

@one tall boy do a system repair using PC companion
One time poster
Message 14 of 42
Message 14 of 42

To whom it may concern
I was using my phone video recording the other day. I was also using the flash and was recording for for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I noticed that the phone and battery was getting extremely hot. The screen then cracked. So I took it to my service provider and with out them even looking at the phone the say I dropped it and I know for a fact that the phone was not dropped. This is unacceptable as they also wanted to charge to R2500 to fix it. I have nothing against sony however this issue needs to be resolved. I am using a Sony xperia z3 compact. It is an amazing phone however the phone over heating which causes the screen to cracking is unacceptable please help me
Commissioner
Message 15 of 42
Message 15 of 42

If your phone gets so hot you can't hold it it's definitely not normal and you should get it checked at a service center, don't even bother with resetting or pc companion, it's a waste of time. It's your right as a customer to have your phone checked if you have hardware problems.

The z3 is one of the coolest phones, it barely ever gets hot and even when it does get hot it's still just warm and not worrying like the nexus or the Samsung s4.

So get your phone checked. Also I find it very unlikely that the screen would crack from a hot device, your battery probably inflated because it was defective and overheated and when it increased in size the screen cracked because of pressure so go back into that service center and exercise your right as a customer to have your phone inspected. By the way, could you post a picture of your cracked screen?
---
Was this helpful? Give me a kudos Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 16 of 42
Message 16 of 42

I've had my Z3 compact since Oct last yr & becoming more concerned about it overheating. Yday I made a call then 5 mins or so after the phone was way too hot to hold let alone make a call?? & it seems to zap the battery??? any ideas
Highlighted
Regular
Message 17 of 42
Message 17 of 42

In my case, I had overheating problems that caused a crack in the back glass and even more problematic the front screen started showing yellow/orangish spots. and guess what?... Sony cancelled my warranty because of the crack in back glass. so they won't repair the front screen even though it is abviously a manufacturing problem.

Very poor Sony Customer Service.

#neverSonyAgain

Message 18 of 42
Message 18 of 42

Dear @leroiduweb, you're spamming the whole forums with your post. Can you please stick to one thread and post on it?

Thanks.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Talent
Message 19 of 42
Message 19 of 42

Sony just admitted finally that there is a problem with the Snapdragon 810 and promised a fix. But only for Z3+ and Z4. Don't forget us with Z3 Compact ! The overheating is a problem and not only during 4K recording. Also when charging is getting hotter. I don't know why they have chosen that Snapdragon and why they didn't test it before. So, please don't forget us.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-admits-that-the-Xperia-Z3-and-Xperia-Z4-are-overheating-promises...

Learner
Message 20 of 42
Message 20 of 42

Hi,
i have the Z3 and have overheating Problem too. When i start the Cam after few Minutes the Cam goes off becausse Heatproblem. Its looks that every Xperia has after the last Update the Overheatproblems. Please Sony bring Update for Xperia Z3 out too Thx. I love my Z3 but still sad that i get not my Gold-Status back from Xperia Lounge.