account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

profile photo on messaging

Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

profile photo on messaging

hiya ive recewntly got a sony and ive noticed when i message people it has the blank blue silouette when i or the person who sends the message is there a way of hiding the profile because its a little bit annoying.

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: profile photo on messaging

You are talking about messages application,right? You can add a contact photo to change that.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

noo i just want to remove the photo itself away because i think its a bit annoying

i want it like the iphone or whatsapp style i do want the blue silloette because none of my friends have sony so they all have the blue silloette.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Just to clarify are you referring to wanting to remove the silhouette that appears when there is no contact picture? If so I am sorry you cannot, the only way around this is to add a profile picture to the contact.

sony_logo126x24.gif

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi I'm having problems with showing my own picture, I have saved a profile picture in my contacts but it doesn't show in the messages.
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I have never been able to see my profile pic in the stock messenger app.
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Go to Settings -> Users -> Tap your own user to edit -> Add profile picture

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

I have a profile picture always have. It shows up on my lock screen in the status bar. So I know it's applied. But it's never shown in messenger. Don't really want to clear data to try and fix it as I'll lose my conversations. Not that fussed
Highlighted
Adept
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Go to Contacts and edit yourself.

Remove your telephone and save

Your photo should now appear in Messaging

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I have the same issue.

I have a picture in my contact and on my User info too.. But it doesn't appear in any mensaging conversation since I updated my software to Lollipop 5.1.