account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

phone not ringing.

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 51 of 84
Message 51 of 84

Re: phone not ringing.

I started experiencing this problem shortly after upgrading to 6.0.1. Whatever the problem is, it's not limited to 5.x. I restore the phone to factory and I get phone notifications back for a little while. It happened again this morning but I was able to get it functioning again with a restart of the phone.
One time poster
Message 52 of 84
Message 52 of 84

I have the same problem. Since the I have the last version of the Android, the phone stopped ringing. What should I do?
Apprentice
Message 53 of 84
Message 53 of 84

If you can not solve this problem. You have to restart your phone to make your ringtones work or you can try the way by go to Developer mode -> Background process limit -> change to No background process limit. And try it again. Some people have shared this way to fix their problem.

One time poster
Message 54 of 84
Message 54 of 84

I purchased a xperia xa dual one week ago. but there is a problem that I need to restart the phone every time to get it to ring. I have factory reset but there is no improvement. It rings for a couple of calls and then goes back to silent mode. very unpleasant experience. Do you have any solution for that OR CAN YOU SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO NEXT

Apprentice
Message 55 of 84
Message 55 of 84

@anay_messi wrote:

I purchased a xperia xa dual one week ago. but there is a problem that I need to restart the phone every time to get it to ring. I have factory reset but there is no improvement. It rings for a couple of calls and then goes back to silent mode. very unpleasant experience. Do you have any solution for that OR CAN YOU SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO NEXT

Could you repair it via Sony PC Companion and check again ?

Apprentice
Message 56 of 84
Message 56 of 84

Hi guys,

I have check a lot of way to fix this issue. And i figured out 1 way more: Charge your sony phone and try to use another phone call to your phone when you are charging it, when it happen, you phone will back to vibrate mode and you have to wait for about 3 secs, you will hear your phone ringtones with small sound. make some times like that, your phone will have ringtones but in some fell seconds after have a phone call. You can use Flash for incoming call app to use your phone in this difficult time. I hope that sony team will fix this issue in the near furture.

One time poster
Message 57 of 84
Message 57 of 84

After recent update I'm having same problem. My alarm does not ring. Even the music and any kind of sounds do not play. After I restart, it plays for some time and stops again.please fix this. It's so annoying
One time poster
Message 58 of 84
Message 58 of 84

Fixed the problem of no ring by disabling xperia lounge, go into apps and stop all its permissions.
One time poster
Message 59 of 84
Message 59 of 84

Well, i have same problem "No ringing sound" both on my z3 dual 6633, and z3 tablet sgp621. I have noticed that if any of " do not disturb" modes are on with the automatic rules, the problem occurs. after " do not disturb" suppose to go off at specific time no ringing sound is coming out.
One time poster
Message 60 of 84
Message 60 of 84

I am having the same problem, I have to restart the phone everytime to get it to ring and to get sound notifications for messages.
I hope it would be fixed soon.