account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

phone not ringing.

SOLVED
Learner
Message 31 of 84
Message 31 of 84

Re: phone not ringing.

@Amr_Sony_Z3_Compact wrote:

Everyone... i found a solution

Problem:

- Sony Xperia Z3 stopped ringing after update to lollipop 5.1.1

- no alret for incoming calls

- no ringing  for incoming calls

- no volume for incoming calls

Solution:

until Sony solve this; here is a small workaround/solution for you

- enable developer option on your Xperia Z3

- go to developer option, and limit the background processes to "Non"

i spent the day finding this out; i hope it helps 

spread the word and leave me a reply or a message if this helped you Slightly smiling Face

I have the same problem. My phone was working fine since I bought it last November until I updated to 5.1.1 last week. Now my phone only rings for the first few calls and then it does not ring at all. 

Amr, thanks for the solution. The solution works and the phone rings all the time. However, when imitating the background processes, I noticed that the phone operation slows down and many apps do not operate properly as it looks like they require background processes (contacts, youtube, whatsapp ,etc..). 

I am amazed that after all this time, there isn't a fix or even an acknowledgment from Sony about this issue.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 32 of 84
Message 32 of 84

We have identified an issue that may cause the phone to be silent when it rings and we have a fix for this in the next software update. Thanks again to those of you who sent us logs.

@Amr_Sony_Z3_Compact and @Totti808

If i understand you correctly, this issue started only after you updated your phones to Android 5.1?

Would it be possible for you to send me logs of this issue so that we can verify that it's the same issue? See my previous post for instructions on how to take logs: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Z3-Dual/phone-not-ringing/m-p/981900#M15873

After capturing logs, could you also test if this happens when the phone is in safe mode? You can restart in safe mode by holding the on/off button and then tap and hold the shutdown option. The workaround you found indicates that the issue may also be related to a 3:rd party app.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 33 of 84
Message 33 of 84

Hi Rickard,

The problem only happened when I updated to 5.1.1. I had the same apps on my phone since android 4.4 and the phone was ringing fine. 

I tested the phone in safe mode and it looks like it is working fine and the phone is ringing. I will send you a log file when the problem happens again shortly.

Regards.

One time poster
Message 34 of 84
Message 34 of 84

Always silent

After 5.1.1 all incoming calls are silent. Rarely rings.
Apprentice
Message 35 of 84
Message 35 of 84

My problem disappeared after updating from version 5.0.2 on 5.1.1. It was updated by means of Sony PC Companion. Thank you that in my case the problem was fixed.

Learner
Message 36 of 84
Message 36 of 84

thank you for the support, when do you think the fix update will be issued?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 37 of 84
Message 37 of 84

@Totti808

Thanks for sending me logs!

Could you please try to uninstall this app from your phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uae.awqaf

Based on the reviews on Google Play, other users are also seeing this issue with this app.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 38 of 84
Message 38 of 84

Thanks Rickard,

Uninstalling this app indeed fixed the issue. My phone is ringing again. Let's hope it stays this way.

Your help is much appreciated.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 39 of 84
Message 39 of 84

@Totti808

Glad to hear that Slightly smiling Face

Based on what we saw in the logs you sent us, that app was causing the issue so we believe you will not see the issue again.

We will look into this app but based on what we've seen so far, it's an issue in the app.

Learner
Message 40 of 84
Message 40 of 84

Hi this is z5 running on 511 and I have the same problem. I uninstalled all apps but the problem remained. I also enabled USB debug mode, did not help. Set the background process to 0 that did not help. Is there a way to find out which app could be causing this. And in my case the phone doesn't vibrate as well, yes the option to vibrate for calls is enabled. Played around with all the options nd it hasn't seemed to help.