account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

phone not ringing.

SOLVED
Message 11 of 84
Message 11 of 84

Re: phone not ringing.

@ Mr_xzbit Thanks took a while to sort out but working as normal now.The reason it had me baffled was Z3 the Z3 compact Nexus 4and 5 all had the same third party apps on and only the Z3 had the problem
Highlighted
Message 12 of 84
Message 12 of 84

Very odd indeed
Learner
Message 13 of 84
Message 13 of 84

Could you please let me know if there's a solution of this problem?

I have Xperia Z1 Compact and I need to restart the phone everytime to get it to ring. I have factory reset and repaired the phone via PC Companion, still NO Go.

It rings for a couple of calls and then goes back to not ringing, very unpleasent experience.

Learner
Message 14 of 84
Message 14 of 84

Xperia Z3 here, same problem. Phone will ring after restart but then stop. Did factory restore, repair via PC Companion, still stops ringing shortly after restart.

I did notice that the silencing is selective: it seems numbers that I get more calls from go silent before unknown or infrequently calling numbers.

Never had this problem with Kit Kat.

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 84
Message 15 of 84

@stockyvillage - What third party app was causing this?

@stockyvillage
@helzayat
@Vishwakarma

- Just to make it 100% clear, you are recieving the phone call, you just can't hear the ringtone, right?

- Do you guys have a ringtone saved on a sdcard?

- What sound mode do you use? "Priority" or "sound"?

- Will a reboot always fix the problem for the first few calls?

Learner
Message 16 of 84
Message 16 of 84

Yes, if I happen to notice the (faint) vibration or look at the screen, I can answer the call. Just no ringtone.

Originally was using a ringtone on sdcard. Tried two things: move my ringtone to phone memory and use that; switch to one of the Xperia ringtones. Neither seemed to make a difference in the lack of ringtone.

It seems as if a reboot fixes the problem every time, but it's hard to be certain because I can't ask everybody in my contacts to call me right after a reboot Slightly smiling Face

Sound mode is set to "Sound"

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 84
Message 17 of 84

Sorry to hear that you have issues with the ringtone.

Would it be possible for you to provide us with an eventlog from your phone when this happens?
To do this, first go to Settings -> About phone and tap "Build number" 7 times. This will enable a menu called "Developer options" under Settings. In this menu, enable the option called "USB debugging".
The next time you see the issue, go to Settings -> Developer options -> Take bug report.
When the event log has been created you will get a notification that you can tap to share to for example Google Drive. Please send me a private message here on the forum with link to the event log.

Also, have you set any personal ringtone to the contacts this happens with or does it happen with any contact/number?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 18 of 84
Message 18 of 84

Hi! I have the same problem! Still this problem can be watched in the menu of Setup - Sounds and notification messages: when pulling the toddler Rington not to be reproduced the sound though the standard tune is selected, and the "Pi" is even simple not to be reproduced. In case of audio control by a key at a side end face of phone the "Pi" is.

Learner
Message 19 of 84
Message 19 of 84

Was hoping to send an eventlog, but since enabling Developer Options and USB debugging, the phone has rung with every call! No restarts needed so far. Will grab an eventlog as soon as it fails to ring, if it does.

Message 20 of 84
Message 20 of 84

The apps causing it my case was Nexus sounds and ecid