account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

phone not ringing.

SOLVED
Message 1 of 84
Message 1 of 84

phone not ringing.

Got me baffled this one.phone is set to ring volume set to high.Rings for the first few calls then stops ringing and just flashes led light until I restart phone. Then above scenarios occurred again.This has happened with the 3 different firmwares I have flashed.Nordic 690 UK 726 3UK 726 PC companion doesn't help.Never happened on KitKat and a factory reset doesn't help either
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 9 of 84
Message 9 of 84

Re: phone not ringing.

OK did another reset using PC companion but this time I never let it install third party apps.Phone started ringing all the time again.I then individually installed 3rd party apps over a couple of days and everything is working phone rings all the time.Been running with all apps back on for a few days now
83 REPLIES 83
Demigod
Message 2 of 84
Message 2 of 84

Stock what about a software repair by pc companion, did you try?
Message 3 of 84
Message 3 of 84

@Curnow.I did say in my original post PC companion doesn't help and factory reset doesn't help
Message 4 of 84
Message 4 of 84

does going back to 4.4 fix it stocky? I know you said it never happened on kitkat. But it will cement that it's a lollipop bug if going back fixes it.
Message 5 of 84
Message 5 of 84

#mr_xzbit.Yes if I flash back to KitKat it works no problems.Works on my Nexus Devices as well with no problems.That's what has me stumped.Its definitely a software problem
Demigod
Message 6 of 84
Message 6 of 84

Oh right, my mistake. In this situation i think you should try going back to KitKat.
If you like the Lolipop more then do some easy but effective things.

1. Turn off the device, take the sim out (perhaps try cleaning the SIM) turn on the device and leave it for 10-20 mins then put the sim in.

2. Try turning on the device in safe mode and check if it happens

3. Try turning on and off airplane mode and make your value none then maximim. Also if your ringtone isnt a original from sony, you could try changing it to like Xperia ringtone.

The things i told you are solutions for some small glitches, i cant assure that these will work for you but give it a try. Slightly smiling Face

Message 7 of 84
Message 7 of 84

Thanks @ Curnow have done all that before I did my resets and repairs and have Spoken on the phone to sony mobile care UK..They think its not hardware related. So basically I can send it off to them when I return from Spain next month.
Demigod
Message 8 of 84
Message 8 of 84

Alright Slightly smiling Face 

Highlighted
Message 9 of 84
Message 9 of 84

OK did another reset using PC companion but this time I never let it install third party apps.Phone started ringing all the time again.I then individually installed 3rd party apps over a couple of days and everything is working phone rings all the time.Been running with all apps back on for a few days now
Message 10 of 84
Message 10 of 84

Glad it working again buddy. Slightly smiling Face