account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

phone not ringing.

SOLVED
Learner
Message 71 of 84
Message 71 of 84

Re: phone not ringing.

Xperia Z1 Compact 5.1.1 here.

I had the same problem but I just fixed it, not sure if it'll work for everyone.

When you choose your ringtone, they ask you which app you want to use to choose your music.
If you use anything else than Sound Picker, even if you chose something, it will not play the tune.

I originally chose it with File Commander but it didn't work and after I used Sound Picker, it worked.

Xperia shouldn't allow you to choose to use anything else than Sound Picker... Expressionless Face

Edit:
Oh you have to choose from scratch. I first switched to a default Xperia theme, accepted it. Then used the thing in the upper corner to choose the tune I want and it worked.

Highlighted
Message 72 of 84
Message 72 of 84

It worked. Thank you!

One time poster
Message 73 of 84
Message 73 of 84

Hi,I have this issue too,I tried to move my ringtone (mp3 file)  from sd to phone memory, changing the ringtone also rebooting didn't work for me it just vibrates when I have the vibrate on call option on 

One time poster
Message 74 of 84
Message 74 of 84

Tried what you said and it still doesn't ring, no matter what ringtone I use.

One time poster
Message 75 of 84
Message 75 of 84

I recently developed this problem with my Xperia Z1 compact. I’ve tried switching ringtones between internal memory and SD card with no luck. 

Please help 

tried sending the bug the bug report but was unsuccessful 

Learner
Message 76 of 84
Message 76 of 84

How to invoke DEVELOPER MODE to try the phone-not-ringing fix (Sony Experia Z3 Compact wAndroid 5.0.2)?

Learner
Message 77 of 84
Message 77 of 84

No luck for me !!?? #&*@# Quick fix did not work.

Phone still will not ring (selected ring tone rings fine in Diagnostics speaker test).

Xperia Z1 Compact

Android ver 5.0.2

Customization = 1279-5365 R1D

Current software = 14.5.A.0.242

I will keep reading this long thread to see if someone finally solves this. This section is over 2 years old so surely SOMEONE has found a cure! (If not, iPhone here I come!)

One time poster
Message 78 of 84
Message 78 of 84

I an experia l1 exact same issue trued reset etc doesn't work

Adept
Message 79 of 84
Message 79 of 84

XZ premium. Same problem. Reset and repaired but still have problem. I have duplicated this problem on the following phones.:

Z1

Z5

Sony have suggested i return the phone for service repair but I not sure what they can do apart from providing a new phone with the same buggy software.

One time poster
Message 80 of 84
Message 80 of 84

My xperia Z3 don't have any sounds when I received phone call. After a new sim card in Hong Kong. It work in England. Only show on screen incoming call but no sounds.