account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

phone not ringing.

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 84
Message 21 of 84

Re: phone not ringing.

I just wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this. A few users have sent me logs (Thanks!) and i have forwarded these internally.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 22 of 84
Message 22 of 84

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue? My Z3 is a month old and for the last week has not been ringing. Text notification noise is OK, but all I get on a call is a notification bar drop down from the top of the screen inviting me to reject or answer the call - BUT NO NOISE!

If I accept the call it works fine and I can talk to the caller with no issues.

Sometimes when my wife rings the ringtone sounds, other times it doesn't. But if a number not in my contacts calls me - it never rings.

Very, very frustrating. What use is a phone I have to be looking at in order to answer?

Regards

Tim

Learner
Message 23 of 84
Message 23 of 84

Weak ringtone volume

The ringtone volume of my Xperia Z3 Dual is very weak or faint even when set to max. When I receive calls I could hardly here the ringtone. All other volumes (media, text, notifications, etc.) are okay. Only the ringtone is weak.

I would appreciate any advice. I've sent two messages to mysupport but never received a reply.

Thanks!
Learner
Message 24 of 84
Message 24 of 84

Re: Weak ringtone volume

I can't believe this is getting no inrerest from Sony.

I repeat: What good is a phone that will not ring?

I'm going to reject my Z3 back to Sony - it's simply not fit for purpose.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 25 of 84
Message 25 of 84

I think the complete lack of interest in such a fundamental problem with a telephone shows that Sony simply doesn't give a toss about it's customers. Once it has your money it shuts the door and isn't interested.

Absolutely rubbish technical and customer service.

One time poster
Message 26 of 84
Message 26 of 84

Where are we at with this Sony? This needs to be fixed.....

One time poster
Message 27 of 84
Message 27 of 84

Is there any update? I have same issue. Sent it for fix but got it back with same error. All sound is working except Phone ringing and loud speaker during call!!

Like Spotify and message alerts is working fine with loud speaker.. So advanced Phone but without ring signal!!!
Message 28 of 84
Message 28 of 84

Same issue with me!!

i can't believe Sony is not fixing it

the speakers are working fine; but the phone doesn't ring at incoming calls it all

it doesnt make a difference if the number is in my contacts or not; or if it has special ringtone; or if the ringtone is on SD on internal memory...

i tried everything.. the phone doesn't ring on incoming calls at all!!

we need a fix please; this frustrating 

this happened after i update to lollipop 5.1.1

Message 29 of 84
Message 29 of 84

Everyone... i found a solution

Problem:

- Sony Xperia Z3 stopped ringing after update to lollipop 5.1.1

- no alret for incoming calls

- no ringing  for incoming calls

- no volume for incoming calls

Solution:

until Sony solve this; here is a small workaround/solution for you

- enable developer option on your Xperia Z3

- go to developer option, and limit the background processes to "Non"

i spent the day finding this out; i hope it helps 

spread the word and leave me a reply or a message if this helped you Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 30 of 84
Message 30 of 84

I've gotten this problem on and off, on 2 separate Z3 Compacts.  I got one in October 2014, but it got stolen in Feburary 2015.

I just got a new one in July 2015, and it is having the same problem.

Why is Sony silent (ha ha) on this issue? This is ridiculous.

- Tim