account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

'only available to the owner of this device'

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

'only available to the owner of this device'

Morning

TYhis morning, between me leaving home & arriving on the platform at the station ( about 7 mins ), my Z3 compact has, reset itself to factory settings, lost all my photos & files ( but kept my inocmoing & outgoing phone call record ) & it asked me to go through the full 'first use' setup.

( I'm with Vodaphone ).

Now, I cant use messaging as it gives me the message shown in the title of this note.

Wow ! Any idea how I can convince my phone that I AM its owner ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: 'only available to the owner of this device'

Could it perhaps be that you have just accidentally switched to another user account?

Turn off the display and turn it back on so you see the lock screen. Swipe down the notification bar (still at lock screen), tap the user icon at the top right, then your account (owner) and then DONE.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Is it possible that someone has your login in details to Android device manager which is the same details as your Gmail or Play store account and remote reset the device and locked it

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Could it perhaps be that you have just accidentally switched to another user account?

Turn off the display and turn it back on so you see the lock screen. Swipe down the notification bar (still at lock screen), tap the user icon at the top right, then your account (owner) and then DONE.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Oh wow. Thanks. Resolved. I actually had no idea that we had user accounts these days !

Cheers

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Glad to hear that Slightly smiling Face

It's new for Android 5.0 (with previous versions only tablets had this feature).

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

You can also check this out.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Lollipop-New-Features/m-p/955490#U955490

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thank you