account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

my Z3 radio Fm no sound

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: my Z3 radio Fm no sound

Thanks johnnyp. That fixed it for me as well.

Here is what I did; Just go to the Google App and turn off the setting for allowing "OK Google" from any screen. Did this and radio started working just fine.

Google App -> Settings -> Voice -> OK Google Detection -> From Any Screen. Turn off. Quit Google App. Launch FM app. MUSIC!

Note that if you enter the Google App again while FM is playing, the audio will stop. Simply quit Google App and power off and on the FM radio app. The music starts again.

Hope this helps others.
Rookie
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

FYI: the "bug" appears to be with ANY app that wants to use the microphone. If such an app is active and currently listening on the mic, the music stops. And also note that it is not so much muted as switched. If you put your headphones on while happening, you will hear sounds picked up by the mic coming through the headphones. (Try it, talk into your phone and you will hear your voice.) That is why Google Now switches off the music.

I suspect the audio switching for the mic is interfering with the audio "input" for the FM radio chip and that they both cannot be selected as an input at the same time.
Learner
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

I just wish this world be solved along with casting radio through Bluetooth
One time poster
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

Went into the Google app (not Chrome) and turned off 'Say "OK Google" any time.' MAJICC!

Google App > Hamburger Button (3 Lines in top left) > Settings > Google Assistant/Settings > Device/Phone > "OK Google" detection > Say "OK Google" any time > Off

One time poster
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

Turned off "ok Google" detection 👍

One time poster
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

This worked for me

One time poster
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

Hi,,

Thank you, that was the only Proper fix.

Thanks a million.

One time poster
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

Works 100% Thank you so much your awesome :smileysmileythumbsup:

Rookie
Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

I cant play radio on my Z3, i have tried every headsets but no sound 

Emperor
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

@Andy110

Does the phone recognize the headphones at all?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)