account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

keyboard typing problems.

One time poster
Message 11 of 31
Message 11 of 31

Re: keyboard typing problems.

I've got exactly the same problem.

The phone is in great condition, I've used Case-Mate hard case and dedicated glass. The screen isn't broken or even scratched.

I've used many phones made by other producers and never had a problem like that. When new, it was one of the most expensive phones on the market...

Sony how can you help?

Best regards,

Piotrek.

One time poster
Message 12 of 31
Message 12 of 31

I'm having the exact same problem with my Z3 from yesterday.

Sony, can you resolve this? Sooo annoying!!!

One time poster
Message 13 of 31
Message 13 of 31

I am jhaving the same priobnlrem qwiyh my keyboard. It's as if it's super sensitive re and there aitocorrtwect has gone hayqwierwe.

I nwrwrred a fix!! 

Also can't ssdo sumbols such as reexclasmation. Point from main keyboard.

I have left words unchanged so you you can see the problem. 

One time poster
Message 14 of 31
Message 14 of 31

Here type problems too.

One time poster
Message 15 of 31
Message 15 of 31

Hi jake - I have this problenm too. Ran the test and there is a thin area (2 mm) along edge of screen lower right side which does not pass - which is why I cannot type 'p' easily (unless I turn on side - but then the delete key doers not work). its not completely lost -but very hit and miss from hour to hour whether i can use the keys at the very edge of screen. Do I take it back to the shop? (Currys UK)

One time poster
Message 16 of 31
Message 16 of 31

This has just started happening with our Z3 as well. I don't think it's a software problem because 

1) only the H and B key are affected by the issue

2) if i rotate the phone to landscape, all they keys are fine

So that implies there's something wrong with the touchscreen itself at the spot where the H and B keys are in portrait, no?  Maybe not, because on the numbers/symbols keyboard, all the keys work fine, even the ones in the same spots as the H and B.

I've tried running in safe mode, and uninstalling the keyboard software updates, but it's still a real problem, and has made the phone practically unusable for texts. I really hope Sony has a solution for this! 

One time poster
Message 17 of 31
Message 17 of 31

Same problem on my z3 in portrait mode, letters h and b effected, clearly a phone problem rather than softwhere. What are you doing about this sony?

One time poster
Message 18 of 31
Message 18 of 31

I have the same problem..

It seems to have happened quite recently and only affects the 'W' key.

I've marked the region of the screen where the 'W' sits.. I rotate the phone to get 'W' to work, however the screen responds in other apps where the 'W' sits in portrate mode..

I think this has to be a software issue..

One time poster
Message 19 of 31
Message 19 of 31

Hi! 

Could anyone solve this problem? Really annoying..

Many thanks. 

Visitor
Message 20 of 31
Message 20 of 31

Samw here, any solution yrt?