account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

keyboard typing problems.

One time poster
Message 31 of 36
Message 31 of 36

Re: keyboard typing problems.

Where's the Sony 'expert'? Duck and cover eh?  Well I've had the same problem for two years on an unblemished phone . 

Webzmzzcvc we need a solution .can't delete that stuff ad as keyboard not working properly.  This is bs

One time poster
Message 32 of 36
Message 32 of 36

I cannot believe It. Where is the tech support or bug fix for this?

One time poster
Message 33 of 36
Message 33 of 36

my wife has the z3 compact and is having the same problem with letters/part of her screen not working - did anyone find an answer? is a factory reset needed - will this resolve it?clearing app data and changing the keyboard does nothing.

Adept
Message 34 of 36
Message 34 of 36

No solutions from Sony.

The problem is the bad quality glue used to fix display on the motherboard.

Yes, Sony know display issue, Sony know our post, discussion, forum but Sony can't reply because the problem is an embarrassing factory project error.

The glue is thermal sensible and disconnect all flat cables.

Knowed problems:

Proximity sensor 

Front camera

Left edge display

Down edge display

Right edge display

If you are able and skilled you can fix try opening case with thermal gun and then replacing all adhesive strings and flat cable.

You had spent 400 € or dollars for a BUGGED phone and SILENCE FROM SONY.

One time poster
Message 35 of 36
Message 35 of 36

Please check whether your phone is in the "glove" mode and disable it. The typing problem will then be solved. 

One time poster
Message 36 of 36
Message 36 of 36

Hi when I press keyboard it double or ttripllee press like iin this mmeeassgge