account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

getting hot

Adept
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

getting hot

My phone out of nowhere gets very very hot and battery drains unbelievably fast. What can be cause of that?
4 REPLIES 4
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: getting hot

Have you recently updated or installed a new OS?  Or are you playing games, constantly online, or charging the phone, when the heating and battery drain occur? 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

After lollipop update this happens. I don't even use phone. Just now I left phone went somewhere like 20 minutes it was on standby And battery 30 percent. When I touch the phone it was burning and the battery was 11 percent.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

That is normal. I do believe the phone battery will drain faster in the beginning after updating to lollipop. Take a look at the link below

FAQ on Facing Problems with Abnormal Battery.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Also, it has be mentioned that reinstalling the update with Sony PC Companion solves those issues. You can try that.

Sony PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/