account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

blue notification light flashing but screen will not turn on

Visitor
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

blue notification light flashing but screen will not turn on

My sony Xperia z3 has the notification light flashing blue, but the screen wont turn on. Ive tried plugging the charger in, using the wireless charger, I even had ny husband call my phone and the screen never lit up and the phone never rang. Ive held down the power button, ive held the power and vol up button and still nothing.

Read more: Sony xperia s not turning on, only green notification light blinking? - The phone was on the charge throughout the night, in the morning phone`s ot switching ON, despite of pressing the power button for some time, plz help.

15 REPLIES 15
Emperor
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: blue notification light flashing but screen will not turn on

What if you press and hold power & Volume up for 5 seconds > charge the phone and repair it with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Ill try that. Give me a few
Visitor
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Nothing. My computer made the little chime when I plug something into the usb port but my computer isnt reconizing the phone. The blue notification light is still flashing on my phone but the screen still wont come on
Emperor
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Open the SD card port > press the red button, don't press it too hard. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

No red button. Only yellow button in the sim card port
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Press that.
Hold it for 5 seconds til it vibrates

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Held it down for 5 seconds no vibration. Held it down again fir more than 10 seconds and still nothing
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for about 1 or 2 hours > then try again with PCC

Visitor
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

I removed the sim. Waited 5 minutes put it back in and held the power and vol down button for 15 seconds and it restarted my phone and the screen came back on