account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 screen black when selecting a parameter

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Z3 screen black when selecting a parameter

Hello, my Z3 starts normally up to clock screen , then if I sweep up the screen I get a black screen, after 10 seconds I can recover the screen by pressing the power button, if I sweep down the screen and select parameters , it will get black as soon I select a parameter . If I press power button again , the date panel comes back and so on . Any idea ? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Z3 screen black when selecting a parameter

@DOM34S 

the first thing I would do is to boot in >>> safe mode to narrow down any issues, if you still encounter the same issue, it's time to repair it, but since the Z3 it's no longer supported by Xperia Companion you will have to use Xperifirm

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply . I suceeded safe mode restart but it doesnt solve . I already changed the proximity device . I will try Xperifim . Bye 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @DOM34S!

You can still use Xperia Companion to both reinstall the latest available software and to create a backup before reinstalling the software. The backup is very important as all data stored on the internal storage will be deleted when performing the repair.

Let us know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi, I proceeded a software repair with Xperia Companion , it failed . z3 was blocked . I had to power off/on and black screen problem still there . No way to do anything till I disconnect the battery to be able to restart it . I tried a second time the repair but now I get a msg " usb device not recognized ". Z3 is blocked in black screen . Then I power off/on I get " Powered by Android" then blue screen with waves then date & clock panel during half a second ( it was stable before ) and then black screen . I feel something has changed but it's worse now and the usb device is no longer recognized . 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi again @DOM34S!

That does sounds very good at all.

Is it during the repair that you receive the "usb device not recognized" message, or before you start with the repair?

If it is before you start with the repair, for example when you connect the device to your computer. Turn the device off > unplug the cable from your computer > start Xperia Companion > click on "Software repair" > check the box in the bottom left corner > Next > and proceed with the on screen instructions.

Keep us posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.