account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 repeatedly falls due to slippery back

Rookie
Message 11 of 69
Message 11 of 69

Re: Z3 repeatedly falls due to slippery back

Mine is doing the same... Could it be something related with static electricity? Like hovering a few microns above the flat surface?
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 69
Message 12 of 69

I just got a softgel case for my Z3 off of Amazon. Been great since.

This is the case that I bought. Note that this case doesn't fit well with the magnetic dock (Sony DK48 Magentic Dock).

http://www.amazon.com/Xperia-Z3-Case-SoftGel-Flexible/dp/B00MVCWGFW

One time poster
Message 13 of 69
Message 13 of 69

Same problem with my Z3. I had a lot of phones and they never fall from my hands. But this one is the first which fall on the floor lying on the table. Luckily the glasses are okay after fall. Phone is just 3 days old and already fall. This is nonsense. This is bad design.
Learner
Message 14 of 69
Message 14 of 69

I have to admit it is slippery, but to be fair I got a tortoise thin back case off amazon, along with an ultimateshield glass screen protector, both work well together. This fixes the sliding issue and gives another layer of glass to the front.

It doesn't fix the issue at heart if you don't want a case but hope this helps.
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 69
Message 15 of 69

Brother, You Seems to be very lucky person.

My suggestions -

Get a back cover ASAP. As the glass in front and back are very fragile, and next time may not be soo lucky.

Also buy a cusioned box to keep it when you are not using it, 

And get a thick carpet, and cover the floor whereever you go.

And add cusions to all your furniture and your surroundings.

And Keep this phone away from your child.

And throw away all your jeans.

Or else be ready to pay 200$ USD for every repair. And also you will have to wait for atleast 30 Days to get your phone back from service center.

One time poster
Message 16 of 69
Message 16 of 69

I have had the same problem since I got my Z3 2 weeks ago.  I would put on a case but the Rogers store where I bought it had none (nor does anyone else yet).  So I ordered a case online and am still awaiting delivery.  What pisses me off is that while waiting, the phone has slid off FLAT LEVEL surfaces about 10 times.  Always onto carpet so far, until yesterday when it hit the plastic mat thing my office chair rolls on.  From a height of 30 inches...and of course the screen cracked.

So now I have a brand new Z3 with a cracked screen and I am guessing my case will arrive tomorrow...too late.  There is DEFINITELY some kind of weird static thing going on.  You can put it down on a level surface, walk away and 2 minutes later hear it fall on the floor.  Its like its posessed!

Loved the phone until it got cracked.  Now I am just PISSED!

It's delicate and posessed by demons

Apprentice
Message 17 of 69
Message 17 of 69

Aaaah demonphone! 0.o

I  kept it in a case from day one, not trusting my butterfingers but yes. It is one slippery device. If I look at the way waterdroplets behave on the surface I'd say it has some kind of hydrophobic coating. And although well intentioned, it is questionable industrial design....

One time poster
Message 18 of 69
Message 18 of 69

I am thankful that I've found others with this problem. I take pride in looking after my phones and have never had to use insurance due to a cracked screen or water damage in the 20 years I've had a mobile phone. Ever.

I've had the Z3 for 6 weeks now and it had slipped twice and smashed. Firstly from 12 inches high off a bench, I'd turned my back for a second, and now tonight it slipped out of my jacket when I tied my shoelace, completely obliterating the back. I've won the same winter jacket for 3 years and this has never happened with the two previous iPhones.

There is a complete functional flaw in the way the Z3 has been designed. Accidents happen yes, but the design clearly lends itself to a higher risk of an accident happening. Also, I wouldn't expect it to completely disintegrate on a slight drop. It's another indication that these phones haven't been tested within real environments before being sold.

I will be taking my phone to a Sony store tomorrow to ask for a new phone phone or, perhaps better, and full refund.

Richie.
Rookie
Message 19 of 69
Message 19 of 69

My Z3 is slippery, like a bar of soap. Contacted Sony Canada. I was advised  to buy a case. But, the same time I was told the phone is so new that they don't sell any cases/cover yet...

Will Sony take responsibility?!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 69
Message 20 of 69

Sorry to hear that your local support could not help you with a cover.

There should be cases from several different brands available on for example Ebay and Amazon. Krusell also has some nice covers: http://www.krusellcases.com/ca/p_krusell_listing.aspx?f=1578.

There are also some full body covers that has a bit more friction like Copter.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.