account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 repeatedly falls due to slippery back

Message 61 of 69
Message 61 of 69

Re: Z3 repeatedly falls due to slippery back

it has happened to me last sunday I put my z3 on the night table and suddenly it slipped and fell down...now the screen os broken and doesnt work...my phone was almost new so you can imagine how I feel...really disappointed...SONY must do something about it or will lose its reputation...
One time poster
Message 62 of 69
Message 62 of 69

This has also happened to me recently and resulted in the rear glass being cracked. What's really annoying is that every other flagship Xperia phone I've had came with high quality screen protectors in the box. The one phone that needs it didn't....

One time poster
Message 63 of 69
Message 63 of 69

This literally happens to me all the time. Difference today is that it has cracked my screen and I am not happy at all. Especially since, I've only had it 3 weeks. I hope that Sony can repair this under warranty. I'd be eternally grateful.

One time poster
Message 64 of 69
Message 64 of 69

This has happened to me. I got it out the box. Set the phone up. Sat down and rested the phone on my coffee table as I've done with every phone I've had without a problem. I've never had a broken front or back of a phone before until now as it fell off the table and now the back has broken. Phone still works but this damage is not acceptable nor my fault. There is no warning about it being slippery on surfaces you can reasonably be expected to place the phone on. Who buys a new phone and thinks I better be careful incase this phone hovers itself off onto the floor? Seems from this thread the problem is common fault with the phone and Sony are negligent by not warning people, It should be stated this phone needs a case otherwise there is a risk of sliding off surfaces. They haven't warned so it is their problem to fix it, let battle commence!

Visitor
Message 65 of 69
Message 65 of 69

Just being totally honest and straightforward, this product fails when used as intended.  There should be a recall.

One time poster
Message 66 of 69
Message 66 of 69

Ive had the same problem. Im within 28 days and the slippery back has caused phone to slip off a small table. Screen is now cracked and wont work. Neither sony nor carphone warehouse will help. Dont have insurance as ive always been careful with phones so now ive been screwed. Has anyone had any luck getting phones fixed by sony under warranty for free? Dont want to send it off and be charge £20 if they say no

One time poster
Message 67 of 69
Message 67 of 69

This is crazy,  Sony customer services has got to be the worst I have ever delt with.  The repair center says they see this all the time.  Customer service agetn first told me they had never heard of it and then told me her phone is so slippery she had to put a case on it.

Sony should just put a policy on the warranty to replace the screen once and send a simple rubber sleeve for the phone.  Tell the customer we are sorry for the trouble this has caused and the sleeve should prevent your phone from slidding again.

I just want my wife's phone fixed.

One time poster
Message 68 of 69
Message 68 of 69

Hi I have the same problem with my Optus X-Sleek smartphone.  it took a whole night but eventually fell from the dresser - spooked me, so i put it exactly parallel to the edge and i could see it moving   - crazy, must pick up the most minute difference in surface level due to being so extremely glassy on the back (or front for that matter).

It is dangerous - i have tiles in most rooms - if it had gone onto the tiles it would have smashed surely , lucky it landed on carpets - both times it has fallen off a flat surface over carpet/rugs.

i now have it coralled with placemats and stuff - might try some double sided tape on the back just with something on it to give it some grip.  shouldnt have to though. really weird thing to happen, how many have smashed their phones due to this? would be interesting  - i have been lucky

thanks for bringing the problem to public (and Sony's) notice.

Visitor
Message 69 of 69
Message 69 of 69

...and here I am years later, having the same problem on Xperia XZ Premium.

The design makes the phone break.

Design over function --->Fail