account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 phone won't save any kind of photo file

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Z3 phone won't save any kind of photo file

For about five days now my Z3 phone won't save any kind of photo file using any method I can think of. I've cleared lots of memory, tried using the Album diagnostic (no joy), backed up to my laptop (no problems detected during the whole process), cleared cache and junk files, I have no idea what to try next. It won't save any photos taken by the camera, won't save screen shots, downloads, transfers- no kind of photo file whatsoever.

Please help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Z3 phone won't save any kind of photo file

@Rowanmaya

Settings > apps > all > camera > clear data > restart the phone

what do you see under 

settings > storage > free memory?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@Rowanmaya

Settings > apps > all > camera > clear data > restart the phone

what do you see under 

settings > storage > free memory?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rowanmaya,

Welcome to the community,

Can you please advise where the photos are being saved, an SD card or the internal storage?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thank you uliwooly, I had to do the first process you mentioned twice, after the first time I decided to delete even more photos (despite there being plenty of memory space free both internally & on the sd card (over 13Gb total) and then a couple of apps had to be updated. I don't know which action it was that made the difference but my phone is now saving photos of any type.
Thank you all for your help! 👍
Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Rowanmaya

awesome, anytime Slightly smiling Face