account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3+ now shown in Android Device Manager

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Z3+ now shown in Android Device Manager

Setting is ticked in security, but not show in Google Play.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Z3+ now shown in Android Device Manager

Hi,

There is a ADM from playstore, but that is for tracking your own phone from another android device.

The Android Device Manager is a google service which is embedded on the operating system it self. Hope this answers your question.

Should there be any update for the ADM - Android Device Manager, the update should come from Google Services.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

There is a ADM from playstore, but that is for tracking your own phone from another android device.

The Android Device Manager is a google service which is embedded on the operating system it self. Hope this answers your question.

Should there be any update for the ADM - Android Device Manager, the update should come from Google Services.

View solution in original post

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you. What i'm really missing, is the device under "My Decvives" in Google Play.

Did a software restore - on a brend new phone! - and the device popped up under ADM, another issue with slow sync from gmail app was fixed after the restore, but my phone still isn't available under "My Devices". I still can't install apps from the Google Play website, and I haven't had that issue with my 3 previous devices.

Demigod
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@titken wrote:

Thank you. What i'm really missing, is the device under "My Decvives" in Google Play.

Did a software restore - on a brend new phone! - and the device popped up under ADM, another issue with slow sync from gmail app was fixed after the restore, but my phone still isn't available under "My Devices". I still can't install apps from the Google Play website, and I haven't had that issue with my 3 previous devices.

Hi How about try to deactivate the ADM on your Setting > Security > Device Administrator.

Uncheck the ADM, it will prompt to tell you that some of the services may not be available after disable. Restart the phone and re-enable it back to see how it goes.

You may want to confirm that is the right gmail if you have multiple account. 

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I've the same problem ,my phone doesn't show up either , xperia z3+
Demigod
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi Rajrob,
if thats the case, if i may suggest you to perform a software repair via Pc Companion.

once done try to re-setup your phone again and see if it works, or else you may want to try another google account to confirm if your current google account is having any issues or not.
Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I don't know how I did solve my case , but first i did a software repair, after the repair i had  the same problem, but I didn't know my password of my google account anymore . the last time i did reset a lot of times my google account and everytime i must make a different password, so after the repair I had to make another password , after this steps everything works fine.

thnx