account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z3 mic not working while talking on speaker

One time poster
Message 41 of 51
Message 41 of 51

The microphone of my Z3 doesn't work during phone calls.

Hello everyone!

The microphone of my Xperia Z3 doesn't work during phone calls anymore. It works perfectly fine with other applications, but when I call someone or when someone calls me, most of the time, they can't hear me. I don't know if that's the reason, but it started happening after the Android update. It seems to work when I reboot the phone by pressing the lock and volume up buttons for 3 secs, but only for a short period of time. I want to try and do the whole backup and restore thing, but every time I try, the backup fails, and I can't save my most important data: texts and contacts.

Does anyone else have the same problem? If yes, did you manage to find a solution?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here, because this is really starting to get on my nerves (what am I supposed to do with a phone that can't call people?). So thanks in advance Slightly smiling Face and have a great day!

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 42 of 51
Message 42 of 51

Re: Z3 mic not working while talking on speaker

I had this problem and I guess you have activated google app from any screen i,e., say"OK GOOGLE" to open google now app. Just open that app and disable open google now app from any screen .Open google now>>Settings >>Voice>>"OK GOOGLE" detection>>diable the "option from the google app". it worked for me! Guess the app was hogging the mic all time for your voice detection. Most of my friends phone were solved with this .

Kudos this and mark this as solution if this helped! Thank You

One time poster
Message 43 of 51
Message 43 of 51

This is exactly what happened to me on new Experia 3. Automatic sync installed a phone call recorder I used to use but didn't even know it was there. Uninstalled it and mic use with speakerphone on seems to be OK now. Good post..

One time poster
Message 44 of 51
Message 44 of 51

Same issue. Microphone doesn't work on speaker mode. I tried updating the phone following Sony's instructions. It didn't work. I disable OK google. I tried safe mode same failure. None of the options fixed the problem. Is there another option? I'm very disappointed about Sony.
Message 45 of 51
Message 45 of 51

What i found out:

When speaker is turned on before call starts (while ringing), it's ok (not very good, but loud enough).

When speaker is turned on later (during call), it's not loud enough and distorted (person on the other end cannot hear me properly).

So it must be a software bug.

Can anyone confirm?

Message 46 of 51
Message 46 of 51

Apart from this:

Does the problem still persist in sony's marshmallow concept?

Has anybody tried that?

Message 47 of 51
Message 47 of 51

After lots of test, found out:

When i speak quite loud, i can use the speaker for calls. When i speak normally, it doesnt work.

So imho the microphone isnt configured properly for speaker calls. Or there might be a software, which filters low noises (but low voices too).
One time poster
Message 48 of 51
Message 48 of 51

Hi Guys

I am facing the same issue and I tried uninstallaing "Call Recorder" app and also deactivating "Ok Google" but issue is still there. When I am on earpiece everything is fine but when I activate my speaker I can hear my own voice throught speaker. Try calling in safe mode also and result is same. Any other advice?

One time poster
Message 49 of 51
Message 49 of 51

Just for the record I have the same problem with my Z3 in Marshmallow 6.0.1 last 291 build. I'm just going to take it to tech support. I've done everything, all factory resets, diagnostics, etc...

One time poster
Message 50 of 51
Message 50 of 51

Hi, sorry to ask but i been looking through this thread and amongst others and has anyone come to a solution please?

I am running marshmallow on a Z3.