account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3+ cracked screen - accessing data

Rookie
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Z3+ cracked screen - accessing data

Hi

Reaching out for help, just cracked my screen on my z3+.  The phone is now locked as the keyboard is unresponsive.  Is there a way of accessing the information (contacts, pics, apps etc etc) without unlocking it?

Thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Z3+ cracked screen - accessing data

Hi @Ugly,

Welcome to the community.

You cannot access any of the data without unlocking the phone. What you can do though is use a USB OTG to connect a corded mouse and navigate the screen with a cursor. You will be able to unlock your phone and back up the data to an SD card.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Thanks Cameron

I will do that tonight to get a full backup and either purchase a new sony device or get mine repaired

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

No problem @Ugly,

If you want a repair, give your Local support team a call.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Rookie
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Purchased a Micro USB to USB On-The-Go adapter, followed the instructions in this support post http://support.sonymobile.com/au/xperiaz3plusdual/kb/023101880740ee8f1014923d18e780d12/

but no mouse pointer.

Tried a wired and wireless mouse and a wired usb keyboard too.

Any suggestions?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

@Ugly

It has to be a wired mouse, a wireless one will not work. Try restarting the phone while the corded mouse and the OTG are connected.

Rookie
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Thanks again.

I will try again at home with some older wired mice.  The cable I purchased supports upto USB 2.0, I am assuming that is ok.

Rookie
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

I think you need to USB support enabled, and that is probably not set on my phone :-(

Can PC Companion help ?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

@Ugly,

PC Companion is no longer supported, Xperia Companion has taken its place. The issue is that you need to be able to unlock your screen in order to back up the data I'm afraid Slightly frowning Face. If you cannot get the OTG to work, I feel your data may be lost.

Adept
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@CameronT wrote:

Hi @Ugly,

Welcome to the community.

You cannot access any of the data without unlocking the phone. What you can do though is use a USB OTG to connect a corded mouse and navigate the screen with a cursor. You will be able to unlock your phone and back up the data to an SD card.

Do I need a special OTG Adapter for Z3+? Cause all OTG Adapter I've not working with it Slightly frowning Face

Or do I have just reboot the phone to get the Adapter working?