account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z3 camera over heating and shut off

Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Z3 camera over heating and shut off

Hi there I just bought the phone for a week.  So far the camera is the biggest problem I face. I am not sure why it keeps having the temperature warning sometimes even I start the camera app sometimes after one or two shots and then it will turn off! It's really annoying. I have Google it everyone mention abt the jellybean version 4.3 is the cause. But I check my phone my version is 4.4. So I assume it's fix right. As a photographer myself the camera function is very important to me! Furthermore I am on overseas business and holiday trip right now that's where I need the camera function. I hope that you can help me to fix this asap! Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z3 camera over heating and shut off

I've heard of something like this when recording in 4K at a constant use, but if you are just taking photo's and nothing more then I'd consider either returning my device to the place of purchase or contacting Xperia care and request that my device be inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply Thommo. The sad thing is i am in overseas and i have only one phone with me. I will only be back to my country in one or two months time. This is quite disappointing because i always have good faith in Sony products. I just switch over to Sony because of the camera and battery life. But now it annoys me the most! hahaha

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Happened to me in Spain whilst shooting 1080p video.After ending video clip and leaving the camera in mode ready to capture the next rally car.I would get the overheat message.If I closed camera down and returned to home screen message went and started shooting video again. Stop recording as above and the same thing happens every time.I think it is a bug in the software that is not detecting you have stopped recording
Highlighted
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

My phone never shutdown whilst doing this
Learner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

My phone never switch off too. only off the camera.

One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I'm having the same problem. I never experienced this with my z1. Only in z3. I thought it was just because of some applications that I installed but even after uninstalling them, the same problem persists. It is dissappointing and totally annoying. I hope Sony will do something about this. Please reply, Sony care. We need your advice now. Too bad I will be in my out of town trip tomorrow but I have an unreliable camera phone. 😞
Adviser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Same thing happend with me also on the very fisrt day.
Soon after charging camera app displayed warning msg, that because of overheating you can not use camera.

I swapped my phone with a new one. Zipper-mouth Face
After 1 month of use, there is new problem in ph, its not charging. And its laying there in servive centre. Angry Face

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I'm waqarahmad khan from Pakistan I have Xperia z 3 it made in Malaysia I'm facing the same camera 🎥 heating problem I'm very in tension because I need a good camera mobile for my job placement any body tell me the solution of this problem if the Sony camera not support Sony features like 4k and are so wye they include
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Is there any solution for the problem sony. I need my camera please