account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3+ Camera crash and Sound question

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Z3+ Camera crash and Sound question

Hi,

The first time I tried to video camera on my Z3+ the android camera app crashed.  After that I was unable to start the camera as it said the device was not available.  The Z3+ wasn't hot or been doing anything prior and was at the lock screen.  I opened the camera via the camera icon in the bottom right of the lock screen and then attempted to switch to video mode.

Is there a way I can upload a bug report etc. to Sony?

Secondly, is there a way to turn off tShe sound the camera makes when you start it?  Even when the notifications are set to silent and the "Sound Slider" is off in the camera settings I still get the little tinkle sound when I start the camera.

Thanks,

Duncan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Re: Z3+ Camera crash and Sound question

@dmaidmen

That's normal, there isn't a way to turn that off. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

@dmaidmen

If you use the physical camera button you will hear a notification sound, there isn't a way to turn it off, there might be an app on the play store that might turn it off. 

Settings > apps > all > camera > clear data > restart the phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

@uliwooly its not the sound taking a picture, its a little jingle that plays when the camera application starts. 

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

About that,it has been asked before. It seems rather a matter of privacy for some markets.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Indeed if you don't find the option on 

camera > settings > sound 

Regular
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@uliwooly wrote:

Indeed if you don't find the option on 

camera > settings > sound 

That's the option I mentioned i have and have switched off yet the jingle still plays ons startup.  There is no sound when taking a picture.

Emperor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@dmaidmen

Just to clarify, do you hear a sound when you launch the camera while using the camera app/icon?

or only when you use the physical camera button? 

Regular
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

I hear a sound when launching the camera using the phsyical button or by using the shortcut on the lock screen (bottom right swipe left).  I do not hear a sound if I unlock the phone and press the Android camera shortcut.

Emperor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@dmaidmen

That's normal, there isn't a way to turn that off. 

View solution in original post

Regular
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@uliwooly thanks. I didn't even try the Android shortcut, i'll use that when I don't want the camera to make a startup sound like in the theatre etc. 

If the camera crashes again i'll investigate further.