account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3+ Bug related to Charging Optimization.

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Z3+ Bug related to Charging Optimization.

My phone was heating up too much when charging, i disabled the Charging Optimization, as part of a hint i saw in a nother thread.

Charging Optimization is located in Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> Charging Optimization.

Operation done on version 32.3.A.2.33.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Z3+ Bug related to Charging Optimization.

My own conclusion:

1.Reverted back to MM 6.0.1 - 32.2.A.5.11.

2.Overheating while the charging optmization is enabled is no longer present.

I wouldn't update back to N 7.0 even if i wanted. The bug seems to have been introduced with the new android version:

"N 7.0 32.3.A.0.376"

It was heating up a little during charging with charging optimization enabled. Had to turn it off during phone usage or else the device would melt.

"N 7.0 32.3.A.2.33"

This one was a complete downfall. I lost much faith after that update.

The charging optimization was making my phone melt away unlike the previous version. I had to turn it off, even without using the device.

DATA based on running CPU-Z and checking Temperature's and CPU clock speeds.

Updated thread to properly reflect on said bug.

Due to some other findings, i'm not going back to android 7.0, even if the bug is fixed.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

My device also behaves the same until screen gets off after the boot  when charging optimization is off.. And here comes the experts saying "all apps r not fully optimizd to Nougat or to monitor cpu behavior" tired of this sheit..SD 810 WAS well managed in MM and I think they should keep the cpu speed  as  in MM.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

My own conclusion:

1.Reverted back to MM 6.0.1 - 32.2.A.5.11.

2.Overheating while the charging optmization is enabled is no longer present.

I wouldn't update back to N 7.0 even if i wanted. The bug seems to have been introduced with the new android version:

"N 7.0 32.3.A.0.376"

It was heating up a little during charging with charging optimization enabled. Had to turn it off during phone usage or else the device would melt.

"N 7.0 32.3.A.2.33"

This one was a complete downfall. I lost much faith after that update.

The charging optimization was making my phone melt away unlike the previous version. I had to turn it off, even without using the device.

DATA based on running CPU-Z and checking Temperature's and CPU clock speeds.

Updated thread to properly reflect on said bug.

Due to some other findings, i'm not going back to android 7.0, even if the bug is fixed.